F355 Spider | FerrariChat

F355 Spider

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by martQ8, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. martQ8

martQ8 Rookie

Mar 27, 2005
    Anybody interested in a '97 F355 Spider? She is LHD, silver with red interior. Good overall condition, but needs a little TLC. Going for a song...GBP 32,000!

2. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    Mart, I pmed you hours ago, you read my mail hours ago and yet no response....can you send me details of the car please?.....

3. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Mark

if you want me to look it over wih you, let me know :)

4. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    Thanks Mark- dso you know thus car at all? Thanks for the run in the 550 today - one word, well several actually, a worthy Daytona successor, a classic, and I want its babies. I may be calling the bank manager tomorrow!

I'll call you tomorrow with a credit card number for the Ipod

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    its a bank holiday tomorrow

6. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Mark

Sorry, don't know the car, sounds a good price :)

7. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    The car is in Kuwait....needless to say, I didn't manage to get to see it this weekend...

8. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive

Quite seriously, check the spec and most importantly the rust proofing! A lot of middle east spec cars don't have rust protection fot the simple fact they don't need it! Not sure what Ferrari do, but it might be an issue for the non-aluminium bits! And we all know how Italian cars love a bit of metal-worm!

Thinking about it, hasn't the car just gone up £5600 for the VAT ? And a little bit of freight on top?

9. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    I mailed Martin to see whether UK taxes are paid on the vehicle (no reply yet). The rust issue is relevant too - that's why a lot of those Jap imports fall apart a year after landing in the UK!

10. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    I can't see how the tax can have been paid in advance, I understand that the VAT is calculated on market value + shipping, and I don't think you can get the valuation if the vehicle isn't physically here.

As is often the case, if it seems too good to be true...it usually is!

11. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    That's true Clive, but he may have shipped the car out there from the UK - as you say, unlikely....and at £38k the car is suddenly not such good value after all!!!