NY/NJ/CT FUN RUN.......May 1, 2005 | FerrariChat

NY/NJ/CT FUN RUN.......May 1, 2005

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by 993 guy, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Ok guys, I know it's a little early to plan a Sunday 5/1 morning run but why not get the juices flowin'. I spend time on Rennlist in addition to Fchat, InsideEC, etc. and a local member has proposed a run up into Bear Mountain and beyond. There should be a good showing of Pcars and it would be great to have the EC crew along for the ride. Meeting point with be on the Palisades up near exit 5 at the rest stop in the middle of the highway.

It'll be a typical awesome Sunday morning ride followed by breakfast and good conversation. Let me know who's interested and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys representin' da EC! ;-)

Details:

"Well, the decision has been made. The run will be on MAY 1, 2005 AT 9:30 A.M. That's a Sunday, and the weather will be perfect (Hopefully).

I figure the meeting point will be on the Palisades Pkwy, as usual, by exit 5 just on the NY side. There is a gas station that sits in the middle of the highway, with all amenities and a commuter lot.

From there, and at about 10:00 or 10:15, we will shoot North, and find a great way to end up at the Mountain Brauhaus in New Paltz for a great lunch. We want to have all models of Porsche involved, just like our last meet."

2. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Eric,
    I'm intrerested, but this run sounds a late in the morning - every time we've been up there around 11:00, there have been too many cars on the road to have good fun.

Suggest meeting an hour to an hour and a half earlier, because it'll just be an exercise in frustration trying to drive fast with the Sunday morning crowd piddling along in their caravans and station wagons.

I'm interested though - maybe this time I can convince my bro to come.
    David

3. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    I hear ya bro on the time. I'll suggest that we bump it up a little bit in order to avoid the "caravan crowd" but also notice that we're meeting further north than we usually do. This should help to cut down on some of the traffic issues that we're accustomed to and we'll also be heading a bit further north on the run which should also be a benefit.

As we draw closer I'm sure we can make alterations on the gathering time. Definitely bring your brother, it's about time we got him out on a run!

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Sounds like fun Eric. I do second David's suggestion of moving this from a "morning run" category to an "Early Riser" run. Too early for me too definitively post yay or nay, but put me down for now.

5. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    not a fan of driving with lots of cars. when the # of cars go up(especially ppl you dont know), chance of shiet hitting the fan go up.

6. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Chris, with all due respect let's not start going down a negative path here on this thread.

While I agree with you in one respect, I also don't think the numbers here will be nearly that of the ROE, the benefit in Sagaponack, or the Running of the Bulls. For the most part these runs went off without a hitch (Talon withstanding) and so have the other runs that have been staged over the past year.

With that in mind, let's keep this positive and look forward to a safe and enjoyable run with old (and hopefully new) friends.

I hope you'll join us...

7. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    why is that being negative? why bother posting something on a public forum if you do not want to hear all personal opinions??
    and just fyi, i did not go to whatever in Sagaponack or running of bulls. i am going to ROE but no i am not planing to drive down with a whole load of ppl. matter of fact i dont think i was ever in a drive with more than a dozen cars.
    it's nothing personal, or again anyone in specific. its just my opinion that i enjoy running with small group or ppl i know, so i know and have trust in how they drive. instead of bunch of strangers who might drive more aggressive than necessary or feel they might/might not have something to prove.

8. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    I'm going to keep this short so we can get back on topic.

This is not a post asking for your opinion on the run my friend, simply an invitation. If I invited you to my home and you replied stating that you don't do parties with more than 10 people in the house due to potential dangers involved wouldn't you find that crass? It's completely unneccessary to post your "thoughts" unprevoked where all those invited would read it.

In no way am I trying to silence your "public" opinion, but there is a time and place for that and this isn't it. Sometimes it's better not to post your thoughts and keep them to yourself (or send a PM). That's the flip side of a "public" forum...not everyone needs to hear what everyone else is thinking.

Chris, you know I hold you in high regard and in no way do I mean to be critical here. I'm simply being constructive and contributing to what this forum is suppose to be about.

Enough said...as I mentioned, I hope you can join us and if not I look forward to seeing you on another run.

PS - There very well may be 10 or less cars on this run. We'll know one we get closer to the 1st of May.

9. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    I prefer not to go on a run while I'm in Mexico. Besides I might have a hangover from partying the night before. ;)

Or maybe I'd better just say, sorry but I won't be able to make it. :D

10. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I dont think you are being critical, and even if you were, its perfectly fine, you are stating your honest opinion, nothing wrong with that.

Remember, ppl are different, there is no such a standard that everything has to go by. To me, my reply was my thoughts to your invitation, dont see anything wrong with it.
    If i were to post "invitation: a run in LI", and ppl reply with "i dont do LI because ..." or "i dont do sunday because ... " or "i dont do more than 10 cars because ...", it's perfectly fine with me. You are not being negative or critical to respond so, you were only replying to my invitation with you way of answer. It might actually help me to understand where your thoughts come from.

11. udalmia

udalmia Guest

eric my travel plans are in the air i will have to let you know closer to the date

12. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Cool. I'm sure I'll see you before then regardless...

13. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Out. Have my sons that weekend.
    Hope you guys have a good time.
    I hope to see your updated wheels before that though, Eric :)

14. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I will try my best to be there. Never went out with a bunch of Porsches before. As the date gets closer, I will let you know.

15. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Any provisions to meet up with those of us who live north of the City & north of Bear Mountain? Getting together with you all in New Paltz or meeting somewhere at Bear Mountain is a definite possibility. Please let me know what time you plan to be at those locations & whether you plan to meet up with other F-cars & owners. Thanks

16. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Keep an eye here as we get closer Mark and we'll make sure that we meet up with you at some point. May 1st is a little ways out...so I'm sure the details will emerge as we close in on the date.

17. lupe

lupe Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    IN if I get my car back by then?????? getting the 30k

18. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

GREAT POST ERIC........

I GUESS ITS YOUR TURN TO RUN WITH THE BULLS WITH WOODEAR...

SIMPLE SOLUTION TO HIM....JUST DONT GO.....SIMPLE....

19. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I'll be happy to participate; i'll send over my contract with conditions in advance.

20. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    you know the main difference between him and you?
    1) he can reply with arguments, instead of saying "i do not understand your english" when u got no comeback.
    2) he does not need to PM a dozen ppl to seek for support/help or to ask question about his opponent.

there are other differences and i will leave it for you to figure out.
    and dont worry, i will not go.

21. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    Cool! Tristate has been boring for a couple of days!

22. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Are Lamborghinis allowed?

23. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    fwerrf.
    cant let fchat turn to ***** chat, gotz to man up and boost dem posts *****s!

24. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.

LMAO...oh no..here we go again

25. Acura Nsx Pilot

Acura Nsx Pilot Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    NyC
    Full Name: