F430 at BMC San Francisco | FerrariChat

F430 at BMC San Francisco

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SROC4, Mar 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    There's a titanium on black F430 at BMC right now...

They're asking $285K.

2. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    Pretty funny it should appear there first. A CA Ferrari dealer had a Mercedes SLR not too long ago.

Everyone has everybody else's supercar before the authorized dealers do.

3. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I saw one in the storage garage at FoSF last week when I dropped in. Still looks too much like the Batmobile for my tastes.

Gary

4. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Hmm...may have to drop by in the next week. I've been waiting to see one in person.

5. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Just to be clear, it was an SLR at FoSF, not a 430. They apparently will not get their first 430 in for a few more weeks.

Gary

6. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    The 430 in Northern California was turned two times, and I'm told the final price was 150k OVER MSRP!!!! Somebody has more money than sense, I suspect. FoSF will get its first 430 in about two weeks.

Art

7. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex

Damn! That's pretty crazy!

8. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Well,either way, I think it's been about a month or 2 since my last visit, so I'm overdue for a visit to Mill Valley.

I think I might go by BMC on monday if I have time.

9. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Sheesh, people are real dumb.

10. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco

I doubt the SLR is still there. It was in the paper Sunday, priced to sell. Plus I saw one on the back of a flatbed going down 101 a few days later - probably the same one - how many could there be, after all?

11. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    guys, to ask a stupid question since i am not from the Bay area.....what dealer is BMC? might they have a pic of the 430 on their website and if so, what's the web address?

12. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    BMC is British Motors Cars in San Francisco, CA. They do not have a website but they have an awesome collection of cars upstairs in their warehouse (they are also Lambo dealer).

13. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    4i2fly...BMC is British Motors Cars in San Francisco, CA. They do not have a website but they have an awesome collection of cars upstairs in their warehouse (they are also Lambo dealer).

just wanted to say thanks for the info. and prompt reply!

14. mannytranny

mannytranny Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    do'h! I am really wanting to see a 430.....I was at BMC Tuesday, but it wasn't there then. dang! I went to FoSF Thursday, they said they'll get one any day, but it won't be in the showroom, given the 3 year waiting list....bugger....

15. mannytranny

mannytranny Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    they have cars upstairs??????!!!!??!?!??!??
    last I checked (tuesday), they had a lotus elise, 360 spider, 5 gallardo's, 2 Murcielago's (one with funky rims), and 2 Murcielago Roadsters. Am I missing somewhere?

16. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Here is their website

http://www.bmcd.com

My understanding is that BMC is owned by The Qvale family. Can someone confirm this?

17. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    You are right, Qvale family owns BMC and used to own the car Qvale Mangusta before they sold the rights to "MG", I think.

18. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin

Bah, I don't care about the SLR! :p I've seen a couple before anyways. ;-) I was looking foward to seeing the F430.

19. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    I guess everyone has a favorite - I actually like the SLR better than the Japanese influenced 430, which I think will look dated in 5 years. Saw another SLR at Kinkos in SF yesterday.

20. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Man, I haven't seen an SLR on the street yet only....

21. lateralus838

lateralus838 Rookie

Oct 30, 2004
    Cupertino, CA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan W.
    I spotted a Black SLR in Palo Alto yesterday, could be one you guys are talking about. It was on Quarry Road next to the Stanford Shopping Center. Very wide car, wider than I expected. Intially I thought it was an SL500 but as it got closer i could see the distinctive slits all over the front of the car. I must admit I don't like it very much. For that kind of money I'd go for a Carrera GT, but to each his own. Still a very impressive looking car, however.

22. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    The SLR is nice, but the number of "gills", just like on a Saleen S7, is a design detail that I could live without. It is crossing that gentleman's express vs. "flashy nouveau riche boy racer" divide, IMO...Not that I would throw it out of my garage.
    When it comes to styling, I am finding myself drawn to the Murci and the Gallardo. They are fresh, but without the antagonizing Bangle disharmony factor. It does not remind me of the Pokemon, like the new Elise does. And I am not seeing any Supra / RX8 cues in the Lambos, like I am in the 430. Speaking of which....All the details on the 430 are nice, but the elements do not fuse into a coherent organic whole. Maybe time will cure my first impression.
    Of course these days, it is pointless to talk about national design character. I can armchair quarterback car design, but the designers themselves are a shifty lot. Italians designing for Koreans, Americans for Italians, etc, etc....Global economy !

23. ntingle

ntingle Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Nick Tingle
    I saw a silver SLR at SVAG in Los Gatos a couple of weeks ago. Asking $550K if I remember. It wasn't there last weekend (there was a black Saleen S7 though, asking about the same).

24. Andy

Andy Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Saw the black SLR around Palo Alto also...IMO it looks like crap. The proportions are cartoonish, and the gills all over the place really don't help. The SL is a much cleaner design.

25. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The design of the new SLK can almost make you think it's an SLR (from the rear), but with much smaller proportions. I agree about the SLR, that's what I don't like about it, all of those slits. I think it clutters it up a bit too much, but yeah, to each his own.

Went by BMC today, they still had the 430. Went inside and took some pictures. Asking price was $290K, but it had a big "SOLD" tag on it, so I guess someone bought it. It looks like it is a european car, as all of the rear markers were clear, instead of 2 clear, 2 amber as on a normal US delivery. Not a bad looking car in person, in my eyes. Apparently someone messed with the car or something, or maybe it happened during shipmet, but the "Ferrari" on the rear decklid had it's "a" bent out of place, so as it was slanted to the left, almost breaking off. They also had a nice Murcielago Roadster over there for $345K.

Went up to FoSF as well today. They still had the SLR in the garage. Someone had a nice 275 GTB/4 in corsa while I was there, very nice car! Also had a nice TDF Stradale, but whoever detailed it did a pretty bad job because there was some serious hologramming of the paint. Poor thing. Everything else there was the standard fare.