ready for a new exhaust for my 355....final choices, capristo or kreissieg? | FerrariChat

ready for a new exhaust for my 355....final choices, capristo or kreissieg?

Discussion in '348/355' started by edmo7, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. edmo7

edmo7 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Ed
    alright guys, I've read all the exaust threads for the 355. But would like everyone's opinion once again....1997 355 exhaust....

1) Capristo
    2) Kreissieg

Which once would you choose? I've heard them both on video and they sound very similar.

I've read that kreissieg exhaust run extremly hot and can damage the bodywork....is this true? But the kreissieg exhaust has a switch that changes the volume of the exhaust.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I have only seen the Kreissieg vid clips so can't give personal feedback about how it sounds. I do know someone with decat Capristo and it's fantastic. Knocks spots of my decat Tubi.

3. vdavie

vdavie Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    norcal
    Full Name:
    vince davie
    Sold my 98 355 before i could put the Capristo on it. now i have to sell the exhaust!

vince

4. rketex7

rketex7 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    K.C.Y.
    Vince,

Do u still have the capristo u wanna get rid of? I will take it, please pm me. Your mail box is not accepting pm currently.

T.I.A.

5. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    From the videos I've seen, the sound of the Kriessieg is absolutely unstoppable. However, the prices I've seen are up in the $18,000 range I think... Not really worth it.

-R

6. nishttdawg

nishttdawg Karting

Nov 15, 2003
    Toronto, Ontario
    i am interested in the capristo. please email me [email protected] or pm me.

Thanks!

7. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I had my doubts about the Capristo compared to my other stainless steel system, which i thought was the dogs. As soon as the Capristo was fitted on a month free trial along with straight pipes, i paid for it the first day of driving the new set up. Thats no Sh*t , did it last week. Recomended.

8. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Whichever you do strap on the hyper flow cats in tandem!

9. vdavie

vdavie Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    norcal
    Full Name:
    vince davie
    Still have my capristo for sale

vince

10. tonyyoshi

tonyyoshi Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Tony Brooker
    I went with a Capristo on my 355 a couple of months ago, now two of my mates have fitted them too. Nothing sounds like it. Even Tubi owners in HK are now wanting to switch to Capristo. I also have hyper-flow cats from troy and the combination is amazing. The crackling sound on liftoff is beautiful. Scares Porsches....

11. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Might as well upgrade your headers too while you are at it...

12. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Neither, I installed a mille-miglia and it is gret. Previous posts have discussed my thoughts. Have had the mm on for about 6 months now and it is great. Good sound great wail, more torque much lighter than original and great pipes in polished stainless. Probably a lot less expensive.
    regrads Tony

13. Nick

Nick Formula Junior
    Sponsor Professional Ferrari Technician

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Scianna
    #13 Nick, Apr 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa