360 f1 problems | FerrariChat

360 f1 problems

Discussion in '360/430' started by lockyer, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lockyer

lockyer Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    Cas Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jon Newall
    Hi all, I'm new to ferraris and the forum. The mrs left a couple of weeks ago so I cheered myself up by buying a giallo 360 from Graypaul on friday. it's a 99v but only has 13k on the clock. a couple of problems:

1. When flooring it through the gears between 4th and 5th it very occaisonally grabs neutral. it also goes into netral when at the lights and beeps at the same time. what are the possible faults.

2. last night the dash back lighting went, but left the needles illuminated any ideas.

I'm not pannicking unduly, because the car is so tight and feels brand new, and it has a power warranty on it. but seeing as the dealers aren't open till monday any thoughts would be appreciated.

tia

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Sounds like it may need a new clutch. Gulp. The other is a warranty thing so no biggy.

3. lockyer

lockyer Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    Cas Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jon Newall
    trust me, if they try making me pay full price for the clutch after owning the car for 48 hours I'll become a thorn in there side...but lets give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment.......if they wriggle too much then all hell will break loose.

how much is a clutch btw? they said aroubt £1500 when I picked it up............................If so thats not bad, compared to the £1900 for a composite clutch on my modded rs4!

4. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

It's about $4K here, give or take.

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    The latter sounds like normal behavior if you leave your foot off the brake while sitting still at a light for more than about 10 seconds... for "safety", it will beep and put the car in neutral... I guess they think you might have forgotten you have the car in gear and accidentally bump the gas and take off.

The former is a problem. I wouldn't expect that from a worn clutch. More likely from difficulty getting it into gear... roughed up gears or synchros perhaps, given it only happens going into 5th from 4th. Not sure on that.

6. lockyer

lockyer Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    Cas Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jon Newall
    phew...that will be warranty then...ace

7. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    When I test drove my 360, I had the same problem. It was definitely a clutch. The dealer paid for a new one, about 4k. Good Luck.

Jon

8. lockyer

lockyer Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    Cas Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jon Newall
    Thanks for wishing me luck, it worked! I agreed to a 50/50 split payment between me and the sales dept of Graypaul, but when the job sheet arrived with the collection truck it stated:

"Tech note: at PDI/101 inspection clutch found to be 77% worn. Recomended replacement."

It seems they are so honest they dumped themselves in it. They were sent a fax headed "without prejudice" and within 10 mins hand rung me to sort it out!

They offered full payment today, car is being returned tomorrow!