*Georgia Tech Autoshow, April 2!* | Page 2 | FerrariChat

*Georgia Tech Autoshow, April 2!*

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by dos Santos, Mar 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    My suggestion is that you have the webmaster create an 8-1/2 x 11 version of a poster and put it on the website, so that anyone who wants to hang it up can print it easily. As I said, .pdf format would work fine for this.

The Expo parking lot would be fine, or else the east side Perimeter Mall lot just to the north--either way we can turn onto Ashford-Dunwoody and then directly onto I-285.

I suggest avoiding 400 only since keeping a group of cars together through the toll plaza will be a headache. I think we should continue west on 285 and then go down 75. What does anyone else think?

2. dos Santos

dos Santos Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    Atlanta/Sugar Hill
    Full Name:
    Chris dos Santos
    #27 dos Santos, Mar 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Going down 285 then 75 sounds good to me.

Its going to be an awesome little sight to see all these cars together on the street.

My car is getting out of the shop this weekend, just in time for the show, so i'm pretty excited.

I did a head/cam/suspension/discbrake swap on my '65 shelby gt350 clone over the past 3 weeks, so now i'll be able to hang with you guys a little better ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Ahh so confused. And this isnt that confusing. Are we meeting in the mall's parking lot or in the expo parking lot (which is probly safer (less traffic))? And the time is 10 because the show starts at 11 right?
    Thanks for clearing this up.

4. dos Santos

dos Santos Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    Atlanta/Sugar Hill
    Full Name:
    Chris dos Santos
    We'll meet up at 10, the show starts at 11.

As for the exact meeting place, I'll go by the mall this weekend, and look around. But its definitely going to be next to Perimeter mall.

5. dos Santos

dos Santos Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    Atlanta/Sugar Hill
    Full Name:
    Chris dos Santos
    Jimpern,

Here is the flyer. http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg839b/poster.pdf

If you do talk to anyone, pass the word on that not only will we have a Ford GT at the show, but the chassis designer, a Tech grad, will be the speaker.

We're already planning next year's events. Franco Cimatti of Ferrari has been contacted about being the speaker for next year's event.

6. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thanks for the invite, I will bring my Testarossa, it's a beauty. It won gold at the Cavallino classic in 02'.

Stephane
    Scaledetails

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Thanks for the poster. It's certainly more eye-catching than what I had posted before!

8. dos Santos

dos Santos Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    Atlanta/Sugar Hill
    Full Name:
    Chris dos Santos
    Ok, here's an update.

We met today, and decided to add another category to the show.

A "non-GaTech car" category.

So we're going to need you guys to register, but here is the thing...the online registration form will not be updated for the new category.

So fill out the top section with your info, SKIP the section where it asks if you're a student or alumni. In the part where is asks for "Vehicle Category", put "chris special invite car". Then fill out the rest of vehicle description etc.

Then click the "register" button.

This way, you'll be put into a category, and you'll get a packet with your car number, and a ballot form to judge the other cars at the show.

www.me.gatech.edu/autoshow/registration/

There is no required entry fee for the show, but a donation of any amount would be appreciated. The proceeds fund the various automotive clubs at my school. We have GT motorsports, GT offroading, GT solar car, and a few other ones. So anything between $1-$1,000,000 would be great!!! They won't ask you for the money, you just give it to the guys running the show if you so desire.

Things are looking really good guys. Lots of interesting cars coming.

Thanks for your participation.

~Chris

9. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I would be glad to sign up, but are we still going to meet some where?. Because I have absolutly no idea about where I'm goiong.

10. dos Santos

dos Santos Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    Atlanta/Sugar Hill
    Full Name:
    Chris dos Santos
    yes, we are going to meet up at perimeter mall, the exact parking lot is still to be decided though. I'll let you know in the next day or so.

11. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I'm mad. I can't make it to the show. Something just came up for Spring Break with a friend. In other words we are leaving on Friday and won't be in town. I haven't signed up yet, which is good. Sorry I said I could go then couldn't.

12. Steve348

Steve348 Rookie

Jan 7, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve Abbott
    I should be able to make the drive in. I will confirm as the date gets closer.

13. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Would I be able to drive down with you all but park in the non-show area? I might be bringing a friend with a '04 Z06 as well.

14. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    I signed up for the show and I'm debating what to bring. There's going to be a plethora of Ferraris and my 355 would fit in, BUT when going to a show it's also nice to have something unique, so I was thinking of bringing my tubo winged Lancia Scorpion. Definately won't see another at the show! I've had it at Italian car day and Frank Parkers First Redeemer show.

JD

15. dos Santos

dos Santos Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    Atlanta/Sugar Hill
    Full Name:
    Chris dos Santos
    Jeff, bring the lancia...and the 355!

Steeda, sure, you can bring whatever! In fact the NEW Z06 will be there. Never been shown anywhere yet but the BIG shows!

16. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Excellent! Very cool that the new Z06 will be there, man that is quite a machine. Looking foward to it.

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Considering you'll be showing the car off to engineers, the Scorpion should be of quite some interest. But I hope Chris can determine whether someone else will be bringing a 355. Ideally both models should be represented.

18. adam42

adam42 Rookie

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    So can just anyone come to the show or do you have to be a GA Tech student/alumni to come and be a spectator?

19. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Just looked through my Grassroots Motorsports reag...Didja know that there's a show on Sunday the 3rd in Roswell? "Atlanta Classic & Exotic Automobile Exposition" http://www.autoexposition.com

It will be at the Star Time Entertainment Complex.

Supposed to have 250+ cars on display and much vendors...

JD

20. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'll be at that one as well. It will be quite a weekend!

21. dos Santos

dos Santos Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    Atlanta/Sugar Hill
    Full Name:
    Chris dos Santos
    Jeff,

Actually, you were the person i thought who was going to bring the 355. So bring that if you can. Or both!

I'm sorry i havnt been over to perimeter mall yet to stake out an exact location. It will probably be just one of the parking lots in front of Rich's, or in front of the Hope depot expo.

22. dos Santos

dos Santos Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    Atlanta/Sugar Hill
    Full Name:
    Chris dos Santos
    Guys, lets make it the lot lying on ashford dunwoody, at the corner, of the macy's rich's there of perimeter mall. It overlooks the home depot expo.

We'll meet there at 10, and leave as soon as everyone gets there. Probably around 10:15-:20 or so.

Thanks.

23. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    So, in other words, the lot on the northwest corner of Ashford-Dunwoody and Hammond Drive, right? Good choice!

And then we'll take I-285 west, to I-75 south, to North Avenue?

24. Siegel Racing

Siegel Racing Rookie

Jun 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scott Siegel
    It'll be great to see you all there. Sterling Skinner is the organizer, and he loves Ferrari's, so it will be great to have you all there. This year's speaker is the chassis designer of the Ford GT. Sterling has been in contact with the present head of all Ferrari clean-sheet design, who is another GT grad. He may be there this year, and may actually be the speaker next year... The '01 Ferrari F1 car should be AWESOME. I can't wait to see that up-close.

Siegel

25. dos Santos

dos Santos Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    Atlanta/Sugar Hill
    Full Name:
    Chris dos Santos
    Jim, yes thats the lot.

Scott, good to see you on here. Sterling talks about you alot. Hope to see you there.