Resale red true or False... | FerrariChat

Resale red true or False...

Discussion in '360/430' started by LeoExotic, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Is it true that red ferrari's cost more and hold a higher resale compared to a Yellow one?

thanks
    Leo

2. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Assuming you are purchasing new from the dealer, there is no increased cost for Rosso Corso (the current standard Ferrari red). In fact, when you order your new Ferrari, you have the choice of about 15 exterior colors. You can choosed to pay extra for out of range colors (which I think means a color that has been offered recently, but is not currently offered) or color to match sample (meaning anything you desire). The price varies accordingly.

In my conversations with Ferrari dealers, red is usually the easiest sell. However, Black, Silver and Yellow are all considered "good" colors. I'm not sure that a red car would be worth more than a silver car, but it certainlly would command more than a green or white car.

3. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    I was talking about used 355. I was considering red or yellow and i was just curiouse on why some yellow 355gtb's are almost 10-15k lower in asking price compared to the rosso corsa.

4. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    The most popular color seems to be the classic Ferrari red by a long way. This must mean that upon ordering the new car either the buyer likes that color or if the buyer was going to flip the car, red was the easiest to resell. The "audience" for that red seems to be the most popular. For me that is the only color and I have owned four of them. They have always been easy to resell quickly.

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Rosso corsa...there is no substitute. :)

6. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    If you cant get Rosso Barchetta, :)

7. lockyer

lockyer Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    Cas Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jon Newall
    hi all I just picked up my yellow 360 this weekend as I wanted anything but red, just to confuse you a little further!

8. garysp7

garysp7 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I think red is still the tried and true color that most people want, silver/titanium is up there also. I believe yellow is pretty to look at for a day or two and then it wears on you. Just think back to when you were shopping fot your car, was yellow high on the list? If not, then the seller would have to entice you to consider his car. How, a lower price.
    Sorry to all you yellow car owners.
    My car? Rosso Red with shields:)

9. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    ahh... I DEFINITLY need those sheilds!!!

you guys are right about the yellow.....and my wife told me to be different.

10. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    well said

11. lockyer

lockyer Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    Cas Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jon Newall
    hey what do I know I woke up tuesday morning and thought f it, i'm gonna buy a ferrari today to cheer myself up.....and guess what? I did! got myself a fast banana, bloody hard to keep clean though.

12. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    While searching last month, I was told by several dealers that Titanium is currently the fastest selling car, with red second. That may have been because tit. is what I was looking for, you know the old dealer "line". I like red and they do stand for ferrari to many people but in my search, it was number five behind tit., silver, tdf, black and then red.
    Bottom line, I don't think I have seen a 360 that did not move me.

13. 9software

9software Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Red demands a premium because most buyers want red (specifically red/tan). Most of your "average" non-enthusiast buyer is going to want red/tan and nothing else, hence why they bring 5-10% higher on the secondary market. Plus, as further proof, all the dealers who speculate on these cars 99% buy red/tan when taking delivery of a new car.

14. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    It all depends which market you look at. I Know the North American mkt favours red/TAN, but in UK tan is rare, Crema is the prefered upholstery colour here. I saw a 355 in Prugna (metallic plum) yesterday, the salesman said they were asking £5000,or $9500 below the mkt price of a red car!! And it was a 95 car. There is also a Verdi 355 spider which appears to have been hanging around in the trade for over a year!

15. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    There's a green 99 355F1 at www.carsdawydiak.com that's been there for at least a year. It went from 105k to 95k to 85k and now it's at 79k. I think it looks absolutely stunning, but I guess most people wouldn't agree... then again, I have to say titanium is definitely the best ;)

-R