Reporting LIVE,well almost,from Phoenix,AZ. | FerrariChat

Reporting LIVE,well almost,from Phoenix,AZ.

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Mar 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    BTW...We made O.K.out here to Phoenix last nite....Flight left Chicago at 8:40PM,and we arrived here at about 11:45PM. By the time we Deplaned,got our Luggage,our Car,and got all settled in it was after 01:00AM,(2:00AM Chicago Time.) I spent about an Hour in the 3 Person Jacquzzi in our Suite this Morning,after we came down for Breakfast,and I posted a little on FChat....Man was I sore! (BTW....out here,Channel 9-WGN,is called a "Superstaion" and "Magnum P.I." was on at 10:00AM.

Our car is a A Brand New Nissan Altima,doesn't even have Plates yet. And,has one of those goofy ass "Pretend Racecar Driver shift levers"....Man,I hate those. But,a funny thing...Reminds me of when I was a Kid,and used the Car Snow Brush as a Pretend Gear Shifter.....I keep forgetting to put it into Drive,and it just naturally goes into 3rd. O.K. for City Driving....:)

Anyway,so far,have seen a Black Rolls...same type as Skip's,but all Black. A 1957 Baby Blue T-Bird. Lots of Convertibles with the Tops down,including a Saleen Mustang,complete with Roll Bar....:) No FCars yet,but,we've only been here 12 Hours,and haven't even been over to Scottsdale or Paradise Valley to visit Family,yet....

Might go and check out Cubs Spring Training Games,or their Opener against the D-Backs at Bank One Ballpark.(One of my Brothers worked on that when they were first Building it...)

Anyway,Frankie is getting antsy and wants to go Swimming,(outside...:))So,we'll keep you guys posted with F-Car and other "Exciting Sightings"....:)

Talk-a-too-a-you-a-later!!!

2. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Enjoy it Frank! It's sleeting here.

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Please Frank, unless you're a sadist, please don't give us weather updates.

Glad y'all made it there safely.

Skip

4. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Don't forget to take pictures of all the Ferraris you see :D

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sixties, dry street and the sun out here, time to take the car for a spin.

6. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Frank,
    While you are out there, stop in at one of the Bill Johnson's Big Apples for breakfast. The pancakes are really good.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey,Thanks Bill. Yes,my Brothers told me that,too. There are 2 that I saw Close by. Will have to scope 'em out....:)

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,last night,(Sat.26th.) After some Din-Din,Around 8:30PM. We were cruising Southbound on Scottsdale Rd.,just passing Shea,and we come up upon a Silver 246 GTS Dino Spyder. Absolutely Beautiful,and ofcourse,the top was off. Unfortunately,I had to turn off at Lincoln,so I had to say Bye-Bye.....:( But Man,that exhaust had a very sweet,perhaps even a tad Throaty Sound...Sounded Great in the Full Moon lit Arizona Night.....:)

This Morning,I met a fellow Guest here,that lives in Carmel,CA.,and owns a 330GTC. We chatted awhile,and I gave him the FChat Address/Info.

Also today,I saw a 1950's Mercedes 2 Door Convertible....Looked almost like a Baby Bentley,and was in impeccable Condition. Lots of 'Vettes,Vipers,and New Mustangs. Also saw a Baby Blue '57 T-Bird,that looked Brand New. Mostly Convertibles,all with tops down. It was Sunny and 80 Degrees today. Supposed to be that all week. I will get as many pix as I can,and post when I get a chance.

Sofar,we've mostly been doing the mandatory "Family Visiting",which takes a few days,as,I have so many Family Members out here. But,now it's play time....:)

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Frank, in case you haven't realized it yourself: You obviously need another Ferrari. One stationed in Chicagoland and one in Phoenix. Get going!
    :)

10. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Frank,

I hope the warm weather and climate do wonders to your aching and wild youth ravaged joints. Come back 100% and show us the classic Le Mans style way to jump into your car at the start.

RocketBoy

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,that is my plan....:) These Roads...every single one of them...are new,or smooth....NO potholes,cracks,bumps,...Nothing! So nice!

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,sorry to say,I did not see many Ferrari's out and about here in Phoenix at all. I saw more Ferrari's sitting at the Ferrari Dealer than I did out driving on the Beautiful,absolutely perfectly smooth roads that they have out here. Besides the Silver 246. I saw a Yellow TR,and a RED 360 Spuider....Oh,and a Silver Maserati Spyder. Thats it so far.....:(

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K.,I am back. Very disappointing out there! It is Spring in Full Speed out there....80's,low 90's, and VERY FEW Ferrari's,or any Exotics on the Roads....Geez,we have more sightings up here in the Chilly Midwest!

But,I did see alot of super nice Custom (Yuppie) Choppers,though....It's 'Bike Week' in Phoenix,and they are all cruising up and down Scottsdale Rd.,and all over. Saw some 'Authentic,Real Bikers' out there,too,including Evil Knievel at Buddy Stubb's Harley Davidsons new Store and Museum Grand opening,on Cave Creek rd.....:) (BTW....Buddy is also an F.O.C. member....:) )