Who said there isn't a God ? | FerrariChat

Who said there isn't a God ?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 400SPYDER, Mar 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Ecclestone loses his wheels

LONDON (Reuters) - Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone lost his wheels at the weekend after thieves struck outside his London home.

Newspapers reported on Monday that the billionaire's new silver Mercedes had been jacked up and left on two wheels.

"It's a real nuisance. It was only the first night I had the car," Ecclestone told the Daily Telegraph after the theft early on Saturday morning. "They probably think they can sell the wheels and make some money, but they probably can't."

The Times said the car, a CLS55 AMG V8, was the first of its kind in Britain.

It had been an eventful week already for Ecclestone, 74, whose Formula One Administration (FOA) company reached an out-of-court settlement with three banks in a legal battle for control of the sport.

One of the banks, BayernLB, said later that Ecclestone had effectively given in to all their demands.

2. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Awww, shame....... (said in my most sarcastic voice)

3. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    And now silly Bernie says he wants Renault to win the championship...ha ha ha

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well ferrari aint doing right good

5. reggie

reggie Guest

Great picture of the car and Bernie in the Daily Mail today, page 3, really is a great shot ! Well worth the price of the paper, even though it is the Daily Mail

6. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Don't know about that Reggie, I might go and read it in the shop though. :)

7. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken

It was wrong then as I saw one in Scotland on Monday at a Merc dealer there. It was black and was awaiting delivery to a certain Chelsea player. It was stunning. I know its just an E class in drag but it had tremendous presence.

He quoted a three year waiting list for the AMG, however, had a
    a May build 500 and June build 350 available. Interestingly the saleasman said that you could generally get quicker delivery of sought after cars by ordering in Scotland as opposed to the South East. Out of interest does anyone know if there is a waiting list in the SE for 350/ 500 CLSs.