info for race braking/suspension system for a 328 gts | FerrariChat

info for race braking/suspension system for a 328 gts

Discussion in '308/328' started by chevalcabre, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chevalcabre

chevalcabre Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    i have a koenig twin turbo wide body,456 hp ! i need to upgrade brakes/shocks/springs. anyone know what will fit ? 355 ? 360 ? etc...

2. Air_Cooled_Nut

Air_Cooled_Nut Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Toby Erkson
    Your first and most important upgrade will be quality, sticky tires. Larger brakes aren't necessarily necessary unless you do a lot of braking (i.e. road corse or track) and thus need to dissapate the extra heat.

3. chevalcabre

chevalcabre Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    i understand,but i am looking for people that have modified all with bigger rotors,calipers...

4. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Ooh, here's a chance for me to piss off the internet information welfare crowd!

QV London (no I don't have the address, but I'd bet that a search on Fchat or google will turn it up) was supposed to be making a kit to put 355 brakes onto a 308, maybe that same stuff will work on a 328. You could also check with sponsor Girodisc, I don't know how similar 328 braking systems are to the 308, but they have (or are about to have) a 308 system. Try searching around on here for 308 brakes unless you know that they're not compatible.

Note to those that will bash me for not hand feeding all this information:
    I'd love to spoon feed you all this information, but I'm on a Pentium II with 64MB of RAM and a ton of various adware programs slowing it down, so I'll refrain from investing half an hour to learn about 328 brakes. Have a nice day.

5. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    They do have some stuff for 328's I was in there last week & there was a "trackday" 328 having its brakes severely beefed up. Speak to Mike Lester or Phil Warburton

http://www.hamletcg.co.uk/qv/qvimenu.htm

6. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    The a brake thread on tech right now for 328, I think all the sam suppiers can help with 328 as well.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35287

A search of the new and old archieves should turn up quite a lot on brakes/shocks springs.

I haven't done my QV (similar hp to your car) brakes yet, but I have done the shock/springs. I'm using Ohlins shocks with eibach springs (450F, 400R) and am pretty happy. Again a search should turn up quite a bit, I remember seeing several good threads over the past couple years.