Looking for a 328 GTS | FerrariChat

Looking for a 328 GTS

Discussion in '308/328' started by Bob5013, Mar 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob5013

Bob5013 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 26, 2005
    Wellesley Island, New York
    Full Name:
    Bob Pakan
    First post, just joined today. I have recently started my search for my first Ferrari and have decided on a 328 GTS. Done a lot of internet searching, just missed a nice 86 on ebay and am currently talking with a few dealers (ouch). MotorCars has offered me a 86 GTS Euro but am a bit apprehensive to buy after doing some research on it. I am also going to check out the suggestions offered on this site.
    So, if anyone can put me in touch with someone selling a 1986-88 328 GTS (Red/Tan) with less than 20K miles or so, I 'd love to be driving it this summer. Live in Central NY (short Ferrari season). Thanks!

2. VS1

VS1 Karting

Oct 16, 2002
    Beavercreek, OH
    Full Name:
    Vishal Soin
    Bob,

Tried to PM you - but you have them blocked. If you have any interest in yellow/black - send me an e-mail.

VS1

3. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Send stevemaman a PM hes got 2 that you might be intrested in.

4. 92verdescuro348ts

Dec 14, 2003
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Bob- we have a 89 328 gts in our colection that we are selling, 15K miles on it. Carlo

5. sf308

sf308 Rookie

Mar 24, 2005
    Great choice..I have an excellent Red/cream Euro spec 328 GTS that i'm willing to part with. It's RHD in Australia.

6. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    First of all - Welcome Bob! It's a great site, great guys (and gals) and a great place to learn and share about our favourite passion - Ferrari!

I don't know of any 86 328 GTS that you spec., but I can tell you as an owner of one - you will LOVE it....

Be patient and wait for the perfect car! It'll come when you least expect it!

7. Bob5013

Bob5013 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 26, 2005
    Wellesley Island, New York
    Full Name:
    Bob Pakan
    Thanks for all the responses so far. I have "unblocked" the PM function. I will contact stevemaman after the weekend.
    I hope to be able to add much to this forum in the future as I have done extensive work on cars (and other items) over the past 30 years or so. I pretty much do it all and with my engineering background can pretty much help on most topics, both mechanical and (especially)electrical. Looking forward to the care and feeding of my first F-car.

8. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    saw a red/tan in the showroom last weekend. if i'm not mistaken, it had around 16-17k miles, and was asking mid to high 50's. condition looked flawless. might have been red/black

9. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Not a super well known site, but it's where I found my 328. Trader Online, or specifically, Collector Car Trader Online:

http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com

I just did a search on 328s... 14 are listed... many are from private sellers. I was tired of eBay and wasn't going to pay a dealer premium again, so for my 2nd F-car, I basically watched this site (among investigating other cars), and then one saturday called and spoke with every one of the sellers of the (at that time) 15 328s or so. I found one priced reasonably and in superb shape... Would have been snatched up in days anywhere else, but the private seller only listed it in his local paper and at the traderonline site. I found a jewel--looks like there might be a few there now. Just something to consider.

They're amazing cars! Welcome to the site!

--Mike

10. fletch62

fletch62 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Fairhope, AL
    Full Name:
    Larry Fletcher
    There is a '86 between Mobile, AL and Pensacola, FL. It looked nice from a casual look and I told the dealer if I ran accross someone I would point them in his direction. I have no interest in this car so call Ben Mayfield 251-625-1484. He want's around 41k if I remember. He seems to be a good guy. Tell him the guy with the black 308 in Fairhope sent you.
    Larry Fletcher

11. JamieO

JamieO Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    there is an '88 328 GTS w/ 8k miles on it at Naples Motorsports. It's supposed to be a really nice car. You can get their contact info at www.naplesmotorsports.com

12. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    I have an '86 328 GTS in Red/Black with 36K miles. Both major services have been completed including the 30k that I had done about 3000 miles ago. I have all service records including oil changes at my local dealer every 6 months. I also have all books and tools. I have owned the car for 3 years now, and I've decided to upgrade to a 355 after I sell mine. This 328 was my first Ferrari, and it has been GREAT! I have put about 10k miles on the car since buying it, and I have never had any problems with it. Feel free to PM me or email me if you have any questions or would like some photos. I'm not in a hurry to sell because I have yet to locate the "right" 355, but if the price is right, I will let the 328 go. I'm asking $48500.

13. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    How much are the 15k and 30k services on a 328 GTS? I can't believe how much these cars go for price wise. I wonder if I would be happy with one of these cars or if I would miss the raw acceleration of my modified 996 turbo. I have been reading about the experience of driving the 328 not as fast as many other modern cars but still awesome to drive. What is the actual 0 to 60 mph for say a 88 or 89 GTS?

Thanks

14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Do you have to do engine out services on 328? When did that start with the 348 and up?

15. VS1

VS1 Karting

Oct 16, 2002
    Beavercreek, OH
    Full Name:
    Vishal Soin
    Not sure how accurate this is - but a quick search pulled up:

1988 Ferrari 328 GTS
    0-60 MPH: 6.7s
    1/4 Mile: 15.0s

I thought I remembered it was road tested as 0-60 of 5.9s by one of the car mags.

16. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    348s were the first engine-out major service. 328s - engine-in.

I think the 328 does better than 0-60 in 6.7. I see figures like 5.6, 5.8, and 6.7. The latter seems slower than my actual experience.

17. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    My 30K service ran about $3800.