CS 360 Noise ! ( too much ) ????? | FerrariChat

CS 360 Noise ! ( too much ) ?????

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Feb 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    don't want to sound like a wimp (have aftermarket exhaust set up om 530 BHP 996 TT) whilst I love the car, its just so loud after having a test drive, although it seemed quieter when fulled warmed up. I know a wall of abuse is coming but has anybody done anything to make their's quieter for long drives ?

2. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Earmuffs...

3. udalmia

udalmia Guest

too loud??? aww man rich the car isnt loud enough stock me and another CS guy in the tristate area are getting ours replaced with the NGT and straight pipes! its music! i cant believe u thought it was too loud :(

4. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    I probably gonna buy it anyway and will oda the stripe from Phil tomorrow, your combination of colour + strike is just THE BEST, Enzo was also the same colour, looked awesome, I just wanna hear my 3 children talk to me when I'm 80 if I get that far !

5. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    disappointed at the black brake calipers, not yellow like yours, but MY those brakes, in fact some reviews have said the 360 chassis can't handle them deep into cornering

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I found the US version of the Stradale to be too quiet . You should hear an Euro Strad :)

7. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    I agree!!! :)

IMO theres no such thing as too loud........i thought the stradale was absolutely awesome...esp when the valve opens up - all hell breaks loose in the cabin....

.......the owner of the stradale i went in has since put a Tubi NGT system on his car :) now imagine what that sounds like de-catted!!!!!

8. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    It IS loud at idle until it's warmed up. I noticed the Enzo do the same thing. Both the CS and Enzo are VERY loud at idle when they're first started. I guess it's an Italian thing. Impress your friends when you first start it up.

9. janus

janus Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Croatia
    Full Name:
    Janko

You are right, Euro spec is louder the the US version. I belive it's because of noise pollution regulations.
    Maybe it's the same with Modena also, but I don't know this for sure.

10. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    maybe thats why it was sooooooo loud

11. AeroGT3RedWing

AeroGT3RedWing Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2004
    Central Coast, Calif
    Full Name:
    Tim P.
    Why do you take a CS on long drives? If its a trip to the track, noise should be no issue. If its a roadtrip for the sake of drivig, chances are the noise should be fullfilling. If you are driving 500 miles to visit relatives, why aren't you taking another car? More comfort, less noise, more room, more economic . . .

12. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    the european version of the stradale is MUCH louder than the US version. a LOT louder. althought the silencer portion of the exhaust are identical in the euro and US cars the US stradales have "pre-cats" built into the headers. the euro stradales do not have these pre-cats. the pre-cats reduce the volume considerably. the US stradale is still fairly loud at high RPMs, but the euro stradale is really loud. i was at the 360 challenge finals in italy in october 2003. i was watching one of the races and there was about 20 challenge cars lined up ont he gri. they had a stradale at the back of the pack as the safety car. the race starts and you hear all the noise from 20 challenge cars nailing it. then above it all you clearly hear the stradale over all else! very cool!! i personally would love it if i could get my US stradales to sound like the euro ones, but i think it would open a big can of worms (warranty issues, CEL issues, legal issues, etc.) to try to change the headers to eliminate the pre-cats.

13. udalmia

udalmia Guest

my CS is at the dealer getting the NGT and decatted as we speak, will post vids when its done :D

14. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    I need a US spec exhaust/muffler then !!!

15. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    the dealer agreed to remove your cats? are you going to test pipes or after market high flow cats? test pipes will be a lot louder. the tubi NGT is louder at idle and low revs (and a more throaty tone) but it is not any louder than the stock exhaust with the valves open. but if you go to test pipes it will be a lot louder. should sound spectacular. i am considering replacing my cats with hyperflow cats. i've been told these cats have an O2 sensor so there should not be any CEL issues. the question is will it result in a noticeably louder exhaust note? i'm going to see if i can find someone in southern california with this configuration (hyperflow cats with the stock stradale exhaust) so i can hear it for myself before i do it :)

16. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    can be loder than a European stock exhaust with the valve open, its just not possible !!!

17. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i agree :) the US stradale is not nearly as loud as a euro stradale. it's still loud, but not as loud. a lot of us with US stradales would love to have our cars sound like the euro version. the reason for the sound reduction in the US car is there are pre-cats built into the headers in addition to the normal cats. the euro stradale has cats, but no pre-cats. it is these pre-cats that further reduces the sound of the US stradale.

when the stradale was first showing up at car shows a year ago i saw a picture of a stradale at a car show in germany. there was a placard written in german in front of the stradale. the english translation was "the noise machine". LOL.

but i've heard a US stradale with pre-cat, test pipes in place of the cats and a capristo L3 exhaust and it was much louder than a stock US stradale...maybe close to the volume of a euro stradale.

18. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    No, Bill -- it's the air injection pump that causes the greater "noise" volume upon cold start up. :)

19. udalmia

udalmia Guest

rick,

no the dealer is not decatting my car, getting it done by an independent. going with straight pipes hyperflow cats are too much $$ imo

20. peterb

peterb Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    milan italy
    Full Name:
    peter ross
    I agree with Richard Ch that the euro spec cs is obscenely loud when the valve is open. I don't really think you would want more loud than this. I had a Maserati spyder with Tubi exhaust and my CS is MUCH louder than that. I don't think anything really louder exists.

21. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    The old saying..."if it is too loud your too old". Richard, Mercedes makes a great car that is sporty enough and nice and quite on the highway for your drives in the country!! Sorry, I couldn't resist ;)

22. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    CS is too quiet.
    my F355 de-cat/tubi is louder than my CS for sure.

so lets look into this "no pre-cat header" thing, guys?

23. blackenzo

blackenzo Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Peter C
    is the euro stradales louder than a euro enzo?

24. FerrariCF

FerrariCF Karting

Apr 14, 2004

My Camaro with open headers ;)

I would have to agree that the CS is a lil to quite...If it was me I would have test pipes to replace the cats and O2 simulators to take care of any CEL issues going into the stock muffler or a tubi NGT. That should be about right.:)

25. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Oh yes .