OT: 5 years ago today | FerrariChat

OT: 5 years ago today

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GrigioGuy, Mar 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #1 GrigioGuy, Mar 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Didn't they have to tear down that taller building that has very little glass left?

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #3 GrigioGuy, Mar 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That's the old Bank One building. They debated it for years and finally someone bought it and turned it into condos. The first residents moved in last Thursday. It's called "The Tower"

I think it's actually shorter than Carter Burgess, it's just the angle of the shot. The two buildings are on opposite ends of downtown
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'll never forget that day. I was in my car heading to the parking garage off of 7th St. when the tornado went in front of me just across White Settlement Rd. I had no idea what had just happened, I could'nt see anything when the street lights were knocked out. It wasn't until I was approching the bank one parking garage & seeing the remains of the homes of Monticello, the 7th barbor shop, & a paint store scattered everywhere. The most frightening thing is it started right at my cousin Dana's home in Rivercrest. The second floor was shifted outward & the roof was ripped completly off. I'll post my photos if I can find them.

5. Cielo

Cielo Karting

Feb 3, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I lived in FW for almost 10 years. I had been gone a few years when this happened but remember it well. It was incredible to see the damage where I used to go on a regular basis. I am glad to see FW has completely recovered. It is a great city.