Exoticar.com fails again. | FerrariChat

Exoticar.com fails again.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jimpo1, Mar 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I ordered a 'Ferrari Sheet Set' for my kid from Exoticar.com on December 3rd. On Dec 19th I called to find out where my order was. After a lengthy round of BS, I learned that they were tied up in customs, mislabled. Needless to say, they didn't arrive for Christmas. Mid to late January, the package arrived. Since I'd already missed the holiday, I decided to save the sheets for his Birthday, so I hid them in the closet. His birthday was last weekend. He opened the 'Sheet Set' and was thrilled. You can imagine MY glee when my wife went to take them out of the package to learn that it was a single bottom sheet. No top sheet, no pillow case. I double checked the catalog and the website, no where does it indicate that it's anything but a set. Does anybody want to guess what I'm going to be told when I call them to complain?

2. amslb182

amslb182 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2004
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Andrew LeGrant
    That's a bummer, I've ordered a few things from them, only models, but have had no problems they all arrived on time and as they were advertised. Hope if works out for you.

3. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I've had both good and bad luck with them. Ultimately, the bad luck weighed heavier and they won't be getting my business again. They have screwed up on a number of orders from other FerrariChat guys as well...

Don't get me wrong... they have good merchandise, but can't seem to ship what you order and lack any real experience with customer service....

I'm sorry to hear your kid did not get what you had originally ordered. I trust you will get the situation taken care of.... Gee, I wish they had Ferrari bed sheets when I was a kid....

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Never had luck with them. First time, took more than 5 months later to get my order. Second time, i never get it. I email to ask if its been canceled or whatnot and never got a response after emailing them once after that as well. Now going on well over a year. I'll never use them, EVER!

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    jimpo1, when you complain be sure you mentioned that you posted on FChat as well. If the fact that 16,000 are now getting insight on how $hitty their customer service is doesn't jolt 'em, nothing will.

6. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I think they have built thick hides over the last couple years. All the criticism here doesnt matter in the end. I also had a bad experience with them and have vowed never to buy from them again.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Add this one to the dozen other threads since the start of FC. They'll even come out here and post. They intend well, but comes down to they don't stock hardly anything, they place things in the catalog and many haven't even been manufactured yet, much less shipped to them for distribution. If it is in stock, then you are usually golden.

8. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I tried to buy elsewhere, but couldn't find it anywhere else. That's the sad part.

9. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    They have problems with their supply chain, but aren't bad guys. I ordered a couple stuff a while back, only got 3 items out of 4 after more than a month, and I had to call them 3 months later to tell "what about the last item?", and was refunded immediatly.

Good guys, bad supply chain. Still not fun to deal with ...

I now work in a model car and little car related items store ... and can tell you this industry has a terrible supply chain. You NEVER get what you ordered from your distributors...

10. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Sorry to hear your news.
    It must broke your heart to see your boy's dissapointment.

What did Exoticar.com say after you called to ask questions? What is "the set" suppose to consist of?

11. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    My boy wasn't disappointed, as far as he knows, it was only supposed to be one sheet. I'm the one that knows better.

12. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Jim:
    I have two or three "sets" of Michael Schumacher bedsets left over. They are a Euro style bed cover (which is the one to pull in a cover) and a Euro style pillow case. I sold those previously at cost $15. I have one hung in my warehouse. Here is a picture

13. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    #13 Cavallino Motors, Mar 30, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Is there something in that warehouse besides cars? :)

15. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    I see a Porsche I thought Martin only carried Ferraris