Jimmy VS. Uro | FerrariChat

Jimmy VS. Uro

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Uberpower, Mar 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    #1 Uberpower, Mar 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hmmmmmmm.

A recent change has given me a bit more free time. I have wisely/unwisely decided to invest most of my free time for today into perusing FChat.

One question keeps burning in my mind. This question is not meant to invoke anyone's ire and does not consitute my agreement with any opinion of either person. So, with that disclaimer, may I ask:

Why does everyone hate Jimmy and everyone love Uro? The reason I pose this question is because they seem to be similar in many respects:

1. They both post pictures of their houses
    2. They never post pictures of their faces
    3. They post threads and pictures of TOTALLY random stuff
    4. Both are heavy posters 1,000+

So what's the deal? I've heard a TON of insults hurled Jimmy's way. Some for showing pics of his girlfriend, some for "not racing", some for showing pics of his cars, some about his cars (why a 540 instead of an M5), some for showing what is in his refridgerator...

WHO CARES? I personally look forward to Jimmy's posts because I think that insight into others lives are interesting. I read people to tell Jimmy to shut up and then tell people that they are idiots for not filling out their profiles???

Who has a more full profile than Jimmy? I think Uro is great, so why wouldn't I think Jimmy was great? Both have achieved an enviable level of wealth, so what is the difference?

It would be different if Jimmy was full of crap, but I really think he owns everything he says he owns. Can someone clue me in?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Uro pokes people in the bum, it's a good idea to befriend people like him. :)

Mob's don't have feelings or thoughts, just leave it at that.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Hey Nick ,

I dont hate Jimmy . Actually he seems to be a cool guy and take things very easy with a lot of calm. The only reason i ccan think of why pple bash him is because he usually wants/needs to show off a bit too much ( Prada this and that ...) .

My 2 cents.

4. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    i've always considered jimmy a kool kat in my book. frankly, jimmy has demonstrated pretty good sportmanship..i always assume it's aggressive plays more than anything serious but WHAT *edit* do i know....

uro dude is witty and lightening quick...with or w/o f-cars (irrelevant). both are good...everyone is good.....it's all good..

ps: nick, i got your PM. thanks.

5. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Hmmm... Don't know whether I should point out that's not my house, It's my garage. :)

Oh, and my face "ain't no oil paintin' " as the Brits say.

6. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    #6 UroTrash, Mar 28, 2005
  7. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    THE WIZARD HAS BEEN REVEALED!!!

8. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    Oh man that's great!!!!

I guess the primary distinction is that when I was looking at the pics Uro posted, I was very surprised as he always comes off as very modest and humble when discussing his career, possessions and things of that nature. You can tell that he is a very loving father and husband and that wealth and these material things are not the primary source of joy in his life. His anecdotal OT posts are always very insightful and very interesting, even if they are made on off-the-wall topics (tampons in bulk?) or in a lighthearted manner.

Jimmy, well, comes off the opposite way, and rather cheesily I might add. In any event I think he mostly does it for his own amusement and that it is perfectly acceptable to make fun of him for it.

9. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Can't wait for the photo chopping to begin. :)

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I respect Jimmy because he takes **** all the time from everyone and never lashes out or even tries to defend himself.

11. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    #11 MikeZ_NJ, Mar 28, 2005

LOL... Uro and Kitty Fishsticks... a match made in heaven...

12. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    #12 Etcetera, Mar 28, 2005
  13. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Actually thats not me. Its just some handsome fellow that happened to be in my bathroom when I walked in there with a camera.

14. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #14 FarmerDave, Mar 28, 2005
  15. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    #15 MikeZ_NJ, Mar 28, 2005
  16. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
  17. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    lol fchat is great !

18. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    The only thing I have with Jimmy is that (so I hear, I don't actually know any goings-on) is that he babies his 360 a little too much and brags some. I was astonished at the stuff he took in his other thread... seems like a good sport though.

19. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Totally incorrect.

Jimmy posts pics of his stuff all the time. Uro never has posted a pic of his house. However I was surprised in his work bench thread, he posted a pic of the garage like that with that arrow. I have to agree that was very Jimmy-esque. It was a slip up once by Uro.
    1 point for Uro

Jimmy blurrs his face all the time. Thats no big deal to me. I don't want to see anyones face pic. I don't put pics of me here either. F chatters meet me in real life all the time, and know what I look like. Uro doesn't blurr his face. His pics are his stuff (work bench, bikes). He is never posing next to them, and blurring his face. BIG DIFF.
    1 point for Uro

Agree with you here. Jimmy and Uro both post garbage threads once in a while. Not meant to be personal, everyone does, including me.
    They are even here

Uh so? Many people are heavy posters, so are we all alike? Is Carbon and Rob Lay alike? Is DL and me alike? This point is totally irrelavent.

Thus 2 points for Uro, 0 for Jimmy

Whats the deal? Its easy. You are a noob. I have known Jimmy and his antics from many other boards. I also know Uro from other boards as well. Jimmy has a "hey look at me" attitude. Uro does not. Jimmy gets beat up for posting pics of his ferrari doing 40mph on PCH while he is holding his starbucks. He is a flat out poser (its a fact). Go to speedzilla and see his bike threads. I don't care about his 540 or M5. However, he has been a poser in many other aspects of his life, to warrant him of that title.

Obviously you care, and it bothers you, to actualy start a thread on this topic. You sound like a candidate for wathing Days of our lives.

THink whatever you want. We all have our own opinions.

Wealth is relative. How one gets there is imp to me. Maybe it is not to you. Uro has earned it and Jimmy..well..I won't bother to tell you the whole story. Those of us that know, know.

No one says he doesn't own whatever he says he does. However, there are people who take their Ducatis to Starbucks, so other people can check them out. They are called posers. There are people like me and Uro, who ride our bikes.

We don't post pics of our Prada wallet. We dont stand in pics, flexing our triceps. You are impressed with Jimmys girl? Many F chatters have hot gfs. So what? We don't have to post them.

Some of us have enough self confidence to know, that whether you think I have a hot gf or not (ask bobafett/ryalex and others) doesn't matter to me.

Jimmy lacks self confidence. He may be a nice guy, no doubt, but his want to flaunt things in your face (when other people have 10 times as nice things as Jimmy but doesn't flaunt) speaks of much more of an inherent problem.

You may be impressed by 1 ferrari/ducati/and a bimmer, but I could care less. There are people on this board who are worth 100 times as much as Jimmy and don't flaunt it.

Point is, some people win the lottery and buy everything they can, because they never had anything, and just tell the world. These people have $$ but no class.

Other people have money, but treat everyone equally, and don't flaunt it. These people have class.

Class can't be bought, and Jimmy is living proof of that.

Lastly, the fact that you think everyone beats up on Jimmy? Ask him about how many people he has ripped off monetarily, that are all over the net. He plays the victim role very well. When you are mean to him ( and I am not, I stopped even reading his posts long time ago), he won't say anything back. This approach leads the not so bright amongst us, think "aww poor Jimmy, he is getting beat up."

Jimmy is not a dumb guy. He uses manipulation to get sympathy.

I wish the guy had more class.

Read post number #2 on this thread, sums it all up.

20. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

The reason I did that is someone mentioned the trusses being for the ceiling/roof system, and they were not; I was showing them to be between floors, not for the roof.

21. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    #21 Z0RR0, Mar 28, 2005
  22. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004