Wrecked Enzo for 400K (USD) | FerrariChat

Wrecked Enzo for 400K (USD)

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ferrari D-Zyner, Mar 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari D-Zyner

Mar 26, 2005
    Wrecked Enzo for sale, $409,000 dollars (USD). This car was literally driven only a few miles before it came to it's dismal end. The entire fron fascia is destroyed, but fortunately the car was left structurally intact. Even with repairs, should still cost less than retail. Get it here. http://www.autosource.biz/Page/Photo_6.htm

2. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
    Umm..

The photo's are of two different cars?

3. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
    And if you did a search you might find-

"Four of those shots show Don Wallace's Enzo that was 'totalled'. The one with the side piece missing behind the door is not the same car.

Wallace's car was apparently paid off by the insurance company as a total loss, but was then purchased at some point by Shelton Ferrari who have managed to reconstruct it. I'm not sure if the work is completed, but I heard they had managed to source all the parts and were in process.

Anyone want to buy an Enzo with a salvage title??"

And also a photo of the Enzo you have for sale, being repaired at Shelton Ferrari..

4. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    Don Wallace's Enzo is already repaired. It showed up at the Cavallino Classic in january. But $409K is not so bad for a repaired Enzo, I guess ... :D

5. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    I think it would be interesting as you can have the engine and electronics...for transplantation or display

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    How does someone expect to pull off a $400K fraud and not get caught?

7. Ferrari D-Zyner

Mar 26, 2005
    Hey man, I just ran across this last night. I thought I'd give you guys a heads up. And BTW, there is more than one wrecked Enzo out there. How could you be completely sure that this was the one you're talking about? I actually called about it and they said I could come down and check out the car. If it was the car you claim it to be, how would this be possible? IDK really. In my opinion, if you spend 400K on any car without seeing it and inspecting it to prove its existence, then you probably deserve to get scammed.

P.S. That rearshot is not of the same car, but this is completely usual with salvaged cars (although still pretty lame); usually to emphasize the small proximity in which the damage occured, and that it did not affect the rest of the car. It's your job to check your car out, so this is really a nonissue unless you're someone who would just throw 400 grand out the window for a picture. Although I have to admit, in this case, it was done very sloppy.

8. Ferrari D-Zyner

Mar 26, 2005
    LOL, how can this be? There are only 3 pics in the first place. Count, 1... 2... 3... doh!

9. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
    hmm..

Do a search for "wrecked Enzo" and you will find a post with 4 photos.. 3 of which are the Florida car, and one that isn't. The one that isn't is the third photo in your series, the one that is the odd one out.

So, in my search, I found a thread, with the quote I posted, hence the "four photos".

duh

Here, hold my hand, and let me help you along the way-

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34637&highlight=wrecked+enzo

10. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    and then be worth considerably less than retail.

11. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Yeah, we knew that.

12. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    whoa... thank you so much for the informative link, I can't for your next post.... Let me guess.. Yellow F40 for sale (best offer) minor front end damage... ;)

13. Ferrari 1

Ferrari 1 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Benn Correale
    Shelton did not purchase and does not own the wrecked Enzo. They just fixed it.