Shumacher Enzo | FerrariChat

Shumacher Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by pazarturo, Mar 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pazarturo

pazarturo Rookie

Oct 19, 2004
    Mexico City
    Full Name:
    Arturo Paz
    Do you know if MS has an Enzo?

2. sampson

sampson Karting

Dec 22, 2004
    near Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I believe he has a red one. Can't remember where I heard that. Maybe someone else has more details?

3. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He has a Red one. Jean Todt has a red one (with Ti colored rims), and Willi Webber (Shumi's manager) has one in Black. Im not sure about Rubens...

I dont have pics of MS's, but look on Barchetta for Willi Webbers. And the one of Jean's is floating around here...somewhere...:)

4. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Do you think he gets as excited as the avg. Enzo owner (not like there is an avg. enzo owner)? Only b/c his other car is a racing formula 1 car.

5. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    He probably finds it slow.

6. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Of course he gets excited! I dont think that driving the F1 at the limit would be 100% enjoyable, not even 50% enjoyable. With all the harsh G forces and incredibly hard suspension, MS would probably look forward to getting into his leather clad enzo!

7. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    You make it sound so comfortable like a luxury car!

8. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Compared to an F1 car, the Enzo is as luxurious as a Bently.

9. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    hmm I wonder if I am related to Willi Weber. I should call him and ask for a ride.

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Forget about ur ride , the day he got his Enzo , he said he would store it and only drive 300 kms per year , then sell it in a few years.

I hope he was joking.

11. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    Does someone like Schumacher and Jean Todt have to pay for their Ferraris or do they get it for free from the factory? I would think that since they work for the company, they would get a REALLY good deal on the road cars but they wouldn't be free. What do you guys think? Also, what other cars does Michael Schumacher own? He would be a dumbass if he didn't have the McLaren F1 or the McLaren F1 LM (unequivocally the BEST car in the world)... Anyway, any insight into this is appreciated.

12. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    There's a good chance it is in their contracts to get the cars, especially Schumacher, I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting them as gifts.

13. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    How old are you? MS is the most successful driver in F1 history. MS and his team rebuilt Ferrari's F1 team. Forbes has told us in a few publications he is the highest paid athlete in the world. F1 Racing and F1 mag have rated him the most powerful man in the sport in numerous publications. He is so loaded there is talk of him buying the entire German speaking part of Switzerland, ( Der Spiegel and F1 Racing again. ) So your opinion, my opinion, anyone who can type a quote on Fchat really weighs up to what he should have or have not? Whatever.

To give you some info on your odd statement...
    MS owns/owned the following cars:
    Silver 575M, dark blue Maser Spyder.
    http://www.italiaspeed.com/news_2002_01_53schumachercars.html
    Yellow 550 Barchetta, Yellow Bugatti EB110SS. Im pretty sure Luca and Michael have the same Lada type Italian made car that was one of their first. This was featured in some magazine I will look up later if anyone is interested.

RocketBoy

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I believe MS' Enzo is Rosso Scuderia (red/orange), which is the same color on the F1 cars. It looks orangish in person, but on camera, it's red. I think they used regular paint for his Enzo and not the dyes they use in F1.

15. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.

By the Lada-type Italian made car, are you referring to MS' Fiat 500?

16. eurperules

eurperules Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    belgium
    Full Name:
    stijn quintyn
    i belive ms sold his eb110

17. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    I think MS is far from being able to afford to buy the german part of switzerland.
    It's not the US, real estate and land especially is VERY VERY expensive.

I saw him 2-3 times in Geneva (i have a friend who has a very good restaurant in Geneva, MS used to go there quite often with Alesi), he was driving a 575.

18. pascalt

pascalt Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Pascal
  19. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    #19 PatrickShim, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    He would be a dumbass if he didn't have the McLaren F1 or the McLaren F1 LM (unequivocally the BEST car in the world)... Anyway, any insight into this is appreciated....

i would think this would be seriously frowned upon. imagine Nike sponsoring an athlete, only to be seen in everyday life in a pair of Adidas. though, the same cannot be said here, as Ferrari is not MS' sponsor but there would be similar ramifications. i'm sure Ferrari as a company would have their PR people making excuses and apologies as to why their top F1 pilot was seen in anything other than a Ferrari or Fiat product. just bad business.

21. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I read on this forum that MS pulled up to a restaurant in a Gallardo once, which caused a bit of a press stir. He said later that it was his friend's car, which probably put a lot of Ferrari fans at ease!

22. pascalt

pascalt Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Pascal
  23. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
  24. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Go to my site (see below) and scroll down.
    There you see a 308gt4 signed by MS.

25. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    No matter how big a fan one is of Ferrari, one has to be realistic about comparisons. This is not a "he said, she said" argument but is based on actual statistics of cars such as the F50/Enzo and the McLaren F1 (incl. LM). To the layman, it's not about opinions. This is serious stuff. I have yet to see a race (street/road/track) of a Ferrari such as an F50/F40/Enzo vs. McLaren F1. Don't get me wrong, I love Ferraris and they are aesthetically perhaps the best cars in the world (F50, 360 CS/Spyder, Enzo). However, when it comes to performance, something that Michael Schumacher will demand (I would think) of any car he drives (except when dropping the kids off at school etc.), a car like the McLaren F1 or the McLaren F1 LM cannot be mistaken or substituted for.
    I welcome any comments.