360 spyder getting delivered Friday.... | FerrariChat

360 spyder getting delivered Friday....

Discussion in '360/430' started by darkalley, Mar 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Unfortunatly, not me. My secretary's brother is having his 360 Spyder delieverd Friday and I wanted to see what info you guys can share with him. The car is a grey market car(against my reccomendations) so the truck is basically just droping off the car. The car is a 6 speed spyder. Aside from bashing the grey market status, what should he look out for with the new car?? Anything the dealer showed or told you to make your life easier??

2. Hunters360

Hunters360 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    What year? How many miles?

3. russell

russell Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    sacramento
    Full Name:
    russell
    grey market, who cares. When he is out enjoying it and driving around,nobody and really no-body will know. His pocket book will know. Because they are usually 30-45k less and of course when he sells it,it will be less, but then again he paid less. Isnt that a wash? The rich get richer by saving and putting that savings to work.. tell him CONGRATS

4. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Car is an 04. delivery miles. I think it was federalized by someone in the DC area... Car was a lot less than a US car that's for sure. He said he was also able to get an extended waranty.... I'm just curious if there are any special things to be aware of with the car. I'm afraid to call my friends at FNA because we all know there stance on grey market cars.......

5. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    excuse my ignorance but what does it mean to be grey market?

6. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    car was not meant for US market, brought in privately and went under federalization to become US street legal.

7. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    simple explaination with round numbers.... Ferrari makes 4,000 cars for the entire world. 1,400 cars are built for the US market, 500 for germany, 200 for France, etc. Guy buys a car that was built for the German market, ships the car to the US, has the car updated to meet US standards-emissions, speedo, etc. That car is a grey market car. Remember Tom Cruise in "Rain Man". Ferrari of North America does not honor the warranty of grey market cars-not even sure if they will fix them under recall in this country.. When the dollar was really strong this saved a ton of money up front. Someone can probably explain where the cost savings comes from.. How did I know I was going to start a grey market discussion?? Wanna get more confused- we can talk about the Show or Display options. take a look at this link

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/