Price for 2000 Modena | FerrariChat

Price for 2000 Modena

Discussion in '360/430' started by faxon, Mar 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. faxon

faxon Rookie

Jul 22, 2004
    Seriously considering a 2000 Silver/Black int. F1 4300 mile Modena from a Bentley dealer but they are asking 136,300 including delivery to me in Tampa(about 1000 miles from dealer).They said it was a one owner car and the pics they sent look great.My question would be is this too much for this car since I seem to notice more than the normal amount for sale.Also,can I purchase an extended warranty for this car from Ferrari.Also how can I tell if it's Euro spec or not and what shoulkd I expect to have in additional service cost in the very near future.Thanks for the help,I have really enjoyed reading this site for the last year.

2. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Can't help you on the price -- there are so few on the market that you'll have a hard time finding just the right one with just the right service history. If and when you find the right one, you'll fall in love with it and instantly lose any negotiating skills you possess! :)

On the warranty, Ferrari dealers do offer a warranty of sorts. But I think you have to purchase the car from them. Plus, you have to spend a few thousand to get it to qualify for the warranty and then a few thousand more every year. Not much of a warranty unless you're unlucky enough to sustain a catastrophic engine failure.

I've decided to take my chances on the legendary Ferrari engineering and won't be going the warranty route. Of course I bought mine new so I know exactly how well the original owner took care of it!

3. Hunters360

Hunters360 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    Faxon unless your getting the Ferrari Power warranty I would say stay away from after market warranties on a Ferrari. The euro question is easy 2 ways to find out check vin number if the vin # has a bunch of zero's before the actually build number then its a euro. Example Zffyt000000125555. This would be an Euro...the other is ask

A US delivery cars vin would look like this Zffyt55AXo125555.

As far as the Price it is a little high ... but if its the color combo you like then grab it ..It isnt worth saving 5k for a car with higher miles and not the color you like. Ive seen 00-01 F1 and 6 speeds sell from $120,000-$140,000 yours has nice and low miles but remember to check to see if the recalls/campaigns have been complete.

4. faxon

faxon Rookie

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks for the input, it's much appreciated!!!

5. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    There have been many issue and updates with 360s you should be careful when purchasing a car that has not had those factory updates. Since there is no warranty on the car, campaigns may not be honored through the dealer network and the owner may have to pay. Some of those campaigns are very expensive and for this car, which only has 4300 miles, they may have not surfaced much less taken care of.

6. de993

de993 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    For pricing info, you might want to check the ferrari market letter. You have to subscribe to view the classifieds, but I think it is well worth it for anyone in the market for a Ferrari. I don't have one here with me, but I think last time I looked there were a lot of 360's for sale.

Good luck!

7. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    where do we get the Ferrari Market Letter? Online? I hope not..