Taxes... | FerrariChat

Taxes...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Kboy007, Mar 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kboy007

Kboy007 Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    Allen
    Full Name:
    Mike Verinder
    Man. I have to say I was pretty pissed off this year around tax time.
    I had over 23k in deductions this year. And I continueously got screwed on my taxes b/c i had a good year this year. (for those that dont know). I do contract IT work. I did pretty good this last year. where i almost hit 200k. This year doesnt look good at all.. but last year was.. so anyway.

I had over 23k in deductions on my return. and i got screwed from probably around 10k worth of deductions. (for example i made too much money to deduct Daycare and i made too much to deduct the interest from my old student loans.).. just pisses me off that i really really had to look hard to get anything back this year at all.. with over 23k in deductions (mostly cause of a new house). and I got screwed out of 10k... worth of addtional deductions...

well damit.. im a little freakin pissed. esp. since now. this year i will be lucky to make half of what i did last year.

(sorry this isnt my typical post..) (im publicly venting)...

2. Cartman

Cartman Karting

Aug 3, 2004
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    What kind of IT contracting are you doing that you're making $200K for the year?!

3. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Work harder. Millions on welfare are depending on you.

4. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Wait until the AMT hits...

5. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    lol, the expensive kind. :)

6. Kboy007

Kboy007 Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    Allen
    Full Name:
    Mike Verinder
    I do a number of different things..
    A. Most of the specialized work i do is in Telecom Billing. which is extremely complex.. (when was the last time your phone bill was correct).
    B. I also sell alot of my own projects. (which means i shoulda made a hell of alot more)
    C. I help bigger firms such as KPMG, or Acceture. sell big projects.
    (I helped Sapient sell a 150 million dollar 5 yr. contract in December

7. Kboy007

Kboy007 Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    Allen
    Full Name:
    Mike Verinder
    Yeah. I didnt really realize that till this year URO.. I mean this is such BS.
    I mean Ive always done ok .. been in the 150 range.. but i tell you what. this year the increase really made a difference (in a bad way)

8. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Uncle Sam gave me $.36 a mile for business travel and I wrote off $25K of a new $32K truck purchase (+6000GVW) plus the sales tax. At $200K, you may want to look for more deductions, as your deductions should total at least 25% of your pre-tax income...Do you rent an apartment?

9. Kboy007

Kboy007 Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    Allen
    Full Name:
    Mike Verinder

yeah i deducted some mileage and of course the sales tax on the car purchase.. (which i didnt use just for biz)..

thanks for the advice.. but the outcome of my taxes is final.. I had 3 different people do it for me.. (plus i did it myself on turbotax). Its just the rules man.. they are unfreakin fair.. cant deduct this .. cant deduct that cause i made to much .. thats bs.. Deductions should be across the board for everyone. if you made the expense. bunch of crap.

oh.. and i wanted to say to URO from earlier.. its not the welfare people that are killin us thats a pretty small portion of the fed. budget.

10. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Well, none of MY taxes go there anyway.

When I write my check I always write on the memo line: "Use for nuclear weapons ONLY."

11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Sapient sounds like a firm for Homo's. :p :D

12. Kboy007

Kboy007 Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    Allen
    Full Name:
    Mike Verinder
    yeah. i dont care what their name is as long as they pay my invoice ! (in a timely manner)