A good drive | FerrariChat

A good drive

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Roscoe, Mar 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roscoe

Roscoe Karting

Sep 18, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hello guys, need your help. I will be in Vegas the first week in April and have reserved a 355 rental from Dream Car Rentals. Can any of you guys give some advice as a good route to drive? I have the car for 5 hours in the morning and would like to get a fun run in. Also, if you have any comments on DreamCars, please post as well.

Thanks

2. de993

de993 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hi,

The prettiest scenic routes would be to go either to Mt. Charleston, Valley of fire, the lake road, or red rock. All of these unfortunatly are very heavy tourist attractions with plenty of people going 20MPH, but all are great places to put the top down and just cruise. The road to Pahrump can see some pretty good speeds, but since several of us are attending track events there this week, I am sure they will be pretty well patrolled. Hope this is helpful. If you need any more info just ask :)

3. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    I agree with De's suggestions. Normally, I would also add Death Valley if you wanted to drive solidly for the full 5 hours. But the roads there are in questionable shape because of flooding.

Also, if you're not locked into Dream Cars, I have heard that Rent-A-Vette is preferable. But i've had no personal experience.

4. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K
    I've never rented from either of them, but aren't you Limited in miles allowed ?

I know that Rent-a-Vette only offers 24 hr Rental $$$.

So i'm sure your 5 hr Rate is Cheaper.