4 Pipe exhaust for the Murcie - what dya think?? | FerrariChat

4 Pipe exhaust for the Murcie - what dya think??

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by simon355, Mar 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    #1 simon355, Mar 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Trialing this new 4 piper outlet for Quicksilver exhausts, it sounds wicked - crisper, and defo gets some attention. Not quite as loud as the Tubi and is easier on your ears. Looks are a personal thing, I can't make my mind up but as I said it sounds the dogs. Pagani Zonda style...?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Better looking than Capristo's frog...

3. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    Certainly looks different!
    I'm surprised the pipes aren't bigger to fill out the cut-out in the valance more.

Do Quicksilver claim any HP increases over the Tubi?

The reason I went with Tubi on the 355 is that it is supposedly one of the very few systems that add a few bhp.
    Many aftermarket systems can actually decrease power.

Having said that the Quicksilver system on my Cappuccino definitely improved its breathing! (What worked for 660cc should work for 6200cc!)

4. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Hope you got home ok David - yea it defo improves the note but in my opinion it needs to be another 3" long and half inch more on the bores. Would look wicked then. we'll see - certainly attracts comments

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    interesting design, Simon. I agree with David that the pipes should be wider to fill out the valance.

6. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    simon, i think the four pipe option looks dreadful .... please stick with "the devil you know".
    cheers, d

7. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    simon i think it looks good please post a piccy from about 10 foot from the back of the car as these piccys are to close to give a proper image from the rear as nobody drives that close

8. phil612

phil612 Karting

Apr 22, 2004
    UK
    Prefer the look of the standard exhaust, it blends better with the rear diffuser.

9. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    I agree but a bit difficult to tell from these pics, look forward to hearing it.

Rick

10. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Wicked design but could have done with being slightly longer!! Are you leaving it on for LeMans or is it too soon to decide?

btw are you running slicks now as your back tyres look bald...haha ;)

11. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Can't comment on the sound, but that's certainly an 'interesting' look. The pipes look too short too, and makes you wonder whether hot exhaust gasses will cook the rear valance. Reminds me of the 'drug dealer spec' triple pipes per side made by Koenig for the 550.

12. Nicola

Nicola Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Northampton
    The look reminds of of the 'boy racer' pictures that circulate every so often showing corsa's etc with lots of exhaust pipes.

Sorry, but that was the first thing that popped into my head.

I am sure a slightly more distant shot and a sound file would give a different outlook. :)

13. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Reminds me of those slip on tailpipe extensions you can get from Halfords to make a standard exhaust look like it's got twin pipes.

For the sake of a couple of quids worth of steel they've spoilt what would otherwise be a killer design. I normally love the 4 exhaust look but that one looks lost in there

14. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    The Tubi and standard pipes look much better IMO.

Problem with 4 outlets is that the rear indent in the valance was designed for 2. So to get 4 to fit, they have to be a good bit smaller in diameter.

I'd stick with the Tubi from an aesthetics standpoint.

I wonder what it would sound like if someone did an end pipe that fit the rear indent perfectly, perhaps divided into 4...

15. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
  16. Acura Nsx Pilot

Acura Nsx Pilot Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    NyC
    Full Name:
    Bailey