Porsche Post - April 2005 | FerrariChat

Porsche Post - April 2005

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Hud, Mar 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Very interesting article in this months porsche club magazine praising the Ferrari 355.

Quote:

"The Ferrari has everything! Approaching it there is an overwhelming feeling that you are about to experience something very special. It gives the impression you are about to drive a racing car whilst cheating the law by driving it on public roads. Its curvaceous form slithers around the beautifully sculpted wheels, and the enormous flat engine cover,aggressively punctuated by shark like gills, begs the silent question - what on earth is hiding under there?"

The article is nothing but complimentary towards the car but ends basically saying that it is a bit 'in your face,' and does not allow any anonymity.

Also another article in there on some porsche chap who was lured by a 360 and then went back to having a porsche.Wanted to bottle the sound of his 360.

Anyone else read this and have any views?
    Nice article, but im not swayed to go back quite yet.

2. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    I would not lower myself to read or have these comics in my house but a good 944 turbo would give a 355 a run for its money

3. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    paid an annual subscription - no choice. Not a bad mag though - more down to earth than the foc mag.

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well i aint in the FOC either dont eat fruit so cant talk with a plum in my mouth plus i am from up north and the FOC lot up here aint my cup of tea

5. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Shame mate they aint all like that. I do eat plums and sell them - part of the job - crap flavour at this time of year. Roll on the English Victorias..

6. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Your loss haha

7. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i would join your area as tea arse says there is a few hairy arsed builders as members down there does he mean you ray ?????

8. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Your welcome anytime ,so is anybody else on here with a Ferrari Yes he probobly means me but there are lot of builders in our group Not many hairdressers

RAY360M

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well could do with some building work but deffo dont need a hairdresser unless they sell the sweepings from the floor

10. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Stop hogging my post im waiting for some nice feedback and keep thinking you might have put some, like "yes the 355 is truly a dream car, wish i could part ex my old 12cylider model for one."

11. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    #11 steve f, Mar 30, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    i had a 1998 355 for 3 months hated it
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

yes cos you have no taste ...the motor looks stunning and was probably too much for an old coffin dodger like you to handle :D

13. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    i loved my 355 and i want another.......

14. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    #14 stevep, Mar 30, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I've got PP but havent' found toilet time (you know that quite calm before the storm of cleaning chores she's left when out shopping or the place you goto to get away from everyone...well mines is the toilet).

It looks a great article if you own or desire both marques.

Paul

PS I was out today in a DISCO 3 of my friends it's just the dogs.....and also nearly put a deposit down on a Kawasaki 636 '05 model, for the gents into bikes, you have to go see one it's a Ducati for Honda money!!!! Discussing with her indoors before deposit goes down......

16. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I love mine 355. My porsche lasted 3 months - it was bland

17. OmegaSteve

OmegaSteve Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Probably cos you couldnt get your fat arse in it!

You need 12 cylinders to blow dry the hair in your ears.

Luv ya really

Steve

18. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    its the only hair hes got, oh and on his arse

19. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    at least i have a clutch leg and gear stick arm you aint in your automatic

20. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Interesting to hear a Porsche mag giving so much praise to the 355, but then again, they are completely different cars. I was out in a new 911 a couple of months ago, and it felt reasonably quick, had decent luggage space and seats in the back. Problem was, it sounded like a hairdryer. The biggest thrill of my 355 is the noise it makes, no doubt about that. For sure it makes the whole experience. How many people would have bought a 355 (or any Ferrari) if it sounded like a Porsche?

21. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    There is an article in this months Classic & Sportscar comparing a 308 vs Honda NSX.

They preferred the 308 because the Honda didn't really come alive till above 6,000rpm whereas the 308 felt special whatever the revs.

Horses for Courses I suppose.

22. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    will cost you a small fortune to put a manual in a cs and replace the v8 ha ha............coffin dodger

23. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    depends what you use the car for i have a mitsubishi 3000gt for a every day user and its a great car to drive lots more traffic friendly than the ferrari but its not as special as a ferrari

24. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

thats a make of telly you fool

25. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    ""The article is nothing but complimentary towards the car but ends basically saying that it is a bit 'in your face,' and does not allow any anonymity.""

bit of a daft comment because lets face it We did not buy Ferrari"s to be anonomous,I previously had 4 Porsches to do just that.I personally love My 355 and would not go back to having a Porsche.
    Dave Mc