Just installed my Hyper Flow Cats for the 355 | FerrariChat

Just installed my Hyper Flow Cats for the 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by Jati, Mar 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida & NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.
    I just finished the job of installing Hyper Flow cats on my 98 355.......
    I did this without the use of a lift, or jacking the car up (I know, but I like doing things the hard way). The job took me about 5 hours and although pretty involved, not a bad way to spend an afternoon. I think the Tubi is happy to be connected to such a good looking piece. :p
    Thanks go out to Eric from RPM Racing (he had the cats drop-shipped from HF) Anyone looking for a good source & great service should consider calling Eric....Super nice guy & very informative! Thumbs High!
    I will give it a test drive tomorrow & report back....I need to get some decent gas (my 5 month old fuel is causing some spitting and loading-up at idle :( )
    Looks like it's time for some Sta-Bil & a can of BK44
    The factory Ferrari (Anza) cats are in perfect shape & are the metal matrix type, if anyone here needs a pair.

Jati

2. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Good job, the cats sound great, tey look great too, ashame you cant really see them after thier in though. 5 hours? with hand tools I bet, a compressor and air rachet could have cut you down to 2.5, I think thats how long it took me. Really saves the knuckles too :).

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Does the car run differently now?