Spring 05 Spotted | FerrariChat

Spring 05 Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Tony and his 360 Spider again. Had a nice little chat and watched him changing to the fabric roof. Never saw that action live in front of my eyes, pretty fancy.

We can all be smart alecks about the gold trim, but this guy at least drives his car. Already 27k miles on the speedo. He told me some interesting stories about his service experiences around town.

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Last Saturday saw a red 355 Spyder on 53 going south.

If I recall correctly, I think the tag read JBECKER. It had a LFSC plate frame.

Anyone we know?

Sheesh, I usually don't make "I saw" posts. It must be senility setting in! :(

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nah, it's more that we're all so longing after the sight of our cars in the streets again.

4. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Saw a silver 360 convertable infront of D ' Marco's resturant on Lake Street.....also saw a red 360 running around here more than once in Addison.

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #5 tifosi12, Apr 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Saw an Elise yesterday... while I was driving my Elise (now there's something I never expected to have happen by pure chance :)).

Also saw a red 360, a yellow 360, and a yellow 355. Looks like everyone was itching to get the toys out of the garage yesterday :)

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey! Thats O.K.,there,Skip! Nothing wrong with having a little Fun. Glad to see that you are!!!!....:)

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,we got back from Sunny Arizona last night. Today was so beautiful,(yes,I visited some Native Americans,and we did a Weather dance,and sent some of that Warm Weather up this way,thank-you....:) ) that I took me 308 out for some driving. As I cruised,I saw an elderly Gent,looked just like Marlin Perkins,driving a very old,Ivory,impeccably Mint Mercedes 190SL Convertible,along Summit Av. in Oakbrook Terrace,around Noon. Very cool car.

9. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    A guy on sheridan road had in his driveway today- a silver db9, a grey porsche turbo, and a sick black/red maranello. Not bad.

10. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Anyone we know in a 328 on Golf Road in Schaumburg around 2 I think?

Saw a beautiful red 360 Spyder around 6:30 on Golf again but this time in Des Plaines.

RocketBoy

11. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Last Sunday while riding the motorcylces, there were exotics everywhere! I saw a black Stradale with Michigan plates on 104th Ave out near Willow Springs. I think I also saw Frank in the 308 in cruising through the forest preserves out there. There was a yellow 360 spider on County Line in Burr Ridge. A Silver Murci on 22nd in Oak Brook, and then a Yellow Gallardo about 3 blocks later. Then an old school slantnose wide-body DP Porsche in Hinsdale.

12. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    I saw the guy in the 190 too Frank! Nice ride.

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey,Michael! Yes,that was me cruising all around through the Forest Preserves down by Willow Springs on Sunday. I didn't stop at any,except by the Little Red Schoolhouse Nature Center. LOTS of Motorcycles out...Were you with a Group of Bikes?

Was that Wide Body Slantnose Porsche 'White' ? If so,I've seen it cruising around the area,too. It is Veeery Wide in back....

And,lots of really cool Old Cars-Mostly Convertibles. I saw a Mid '60's Corvette,an Old ('50's) T-Bird. A few Old '60's Mustangs. a Blue MG with it's hood up on the side of the road.....Lots of people Fishing too.

Yes,isn't that a cool place to cruise around? Also,to park and have a PicNic. Photo Ops. Etc...

And,all 2 Lane Wooded Roads,mostly with 50-55 MPH Speed Limits....:)....Some Curvy,too....

14. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Last week was Lotus week out in the Tinley/Orland area...

Saw 2 Esprits and 2 other Elises in the same week! Strange... considering I have never seen another Lotus in the area in my entire life.

I think the one guy with a Silver Esprit V8 lives near my house... Mike, do you know who might live in Tinley with that car by any chance? I caught him on Saturday out of the corner of my eye waving at me... but by the time I noticed him it was too late to wave back. Looked like the 98-2001 (?) tail lights if that helps any.

15. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    #15 caps8419, Apr 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mike R,
    Here's a pic of a silver esprit I saw last summer downtown. He has a FVM plate frame so Mike W might know him. Theres also a red esprit running around probably in the glenview area. He pulled into my best buy lot when I was leaving work. surprisingly loud!

-Mike

Ps. I think we hit the limit of how many "Mikes" one can refer to in a post, hehe.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Frank, when do the DG cruise nights start? Any idea?

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Today at noon a red 550 in the Loop.

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No,but I will definitely check into it,and post as soon as I do.

Normally,Elmhurst has Wednesday Nights. Westmont has Thursday Nights. Downers Grove has Friday Nights. And,Lombard has Saturday Nights.

Also,if anyone else knows of any Cruise Nights,please just post here,and we'll get 'em all arranged for anyone who may want to go. I know that Bob has mentioned one out at a Steak & Shake in Naperville,I believe. And,there is one in St.Charles on North Av. at a Diner. (Where we went last Year) Plus,the Hooters Shows that Kerry from Double K puts on.

And,these are pretty much mostly Old Hot Rods,and Muscle Cars at these shows. But,they do have "Special Nights" Highlighting different Types and/or Makes of Cars. They usually do all have an "Import Night". And,I've seen Lotus',and other Exotics,other than our Ferrari's cruising through....But,every time I've cruised through one in the Ferrari. I always get "LOOK! A FERRARI!!!" So,I think that most "Car People" generally like All kinds of Cars. And,the Exotics truly are a Rare Sight and generally very well accepted. You don't see Exotic Cars out as much as you see Muscle Cars,Etc... AND...these Cars ARE getting into that,"Classic" and "Antique" age!... Though,they don't look it....:)

19. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    Aston Martin Vanquish. All Black. Spotted on Harlem and Oakton.

-mike

20. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    You know what's also fun is cruising through the Naperville Riverwalk area on Friday and Sat. nights. Always lots of peeps and cool rides running around.

If I'm feeling really attention starved, I drive thorugh the Downers South HS parking lot in the afternoon when school ends.

21. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    I spotted Mike Z (Spike308) this morning around 8:10 in his ten dollar target shades on harlem, just north of talcott. I was sleep walking to the train as I saw him pull up. Also a silver maserati coupe on state and van buren after I got off the train.

-mike

22. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Had to show the wife this post... she had a great laugh!

Saw one of those behemoth (spelling) new RR's yesterday. Man are they big, and pretty ugly! Heck, for the price, I'd get a nice 360, a dino, and a boxer!

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nothing beats a Maybach in ugliness.

24. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Red Maranello today at Lunch Time at Redstones Grill in Oakbrook Terrace-Twice! I had to run some things over to my Daughter at School.

BTW....Can someone PLEASE explain to me as to WHY People suddenly Drive Like Turds when they see a Red Ferrari???? In the 15 Minutes/5 Mile Round trip that I made. I first see 3 guys in their 20's in an Old,Black,Tailpipe Smoking,VW Golf,or Jetta,or something,weaving in and out of Traffic,Cutting very close to other cars,no turn signal,exceeding the Speed limit,right after they passed by me in my Car. They were all looking back at my car. And,they were driving fine beforehand...What is up with THAT!??

Then,not even a Mile later,I'm on Butterfield Rd. In the Far Left lane,to get into a Left Turn Lane. Some Dummy in a Camry or Corolla,(they all look the same to me....) Is in the FAR Right-I'm talking 3 lanes over- goes by,then,suddenly speeds up,cuts off 3 lanes of Traffic,then,cuts into the Left turn Lane. Then,he missed the Green Arrow,and went through a very late Red light,cutting off oncoming Traffic. Man,was I Impressed! Yeah,right! What a Schmuck! Where's a Cop when you need one!

They both were Driving fine up until they got up to,and passed the Red Ferrari.... Then,all of a sudden,something just snapped! All of this happened in just a short little 15 minute,5 mile round trip drive! Amazing!

I wish that this Country wouldn't be so focused on getting as many Drivers as they possibly can,simply for the Tax Dollars that they Generate. And,take Driving more seriously,like they do over in Europe. I was watching a show over the Weekend about the Autobahn,and they show the intensive Driver "TRAINING" that People have to go through over there in order to exercise their Driving PRIVELEGES...Why not here? The almighty Tax Dollar,thats why! Get as many people as possible into Cars,so they buy Gas-Dozens of Taxes. Car Repairs-More Taxes. Tires-Lots of Taxes there. Cars themselves-Tons of Taxes. License and Registration Fees-even more. Car Insurance. Oh yeah,lets not forget Tolls. You name it! To hell with Safety!

25. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K.....I'm all better now....:)