Chicago Area Get Together and Cruise | FerrariChat

Chicago Area Get Together and Cruise

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by 7Sins, Mar 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 7Sins

7Sins Rookie

Mar 27, 2005
    Hi everyone, my name is Eric, I'm from Park Ridge which is a suburb of Chicago. The cruise I am organizing is open to all but I'd love to see some of you guys with exotic cars come out, even just to show off your car.

I am organizing a cruise on April 23, 2005. This cruise will start at noon at the parking lot next to Hooters in Schaumburg, IL. From there until 1:30pm is a chance to get to know some fellow enthusiasts and talk cars and look at them amongst one another. 1:30PM: we will leave to get onto 290 towards Chicago until we hit Lower Wacker Drive. We will take this until the exit to Lake Shore Drive North.(THE SCHEDULED STOP IN CHICAGO WILL BE DECIDED IN THE NEAR FUTURE) From LSD we will go up to Sheridan Road until we get to Dawes Park near Northwestern University. This will be about an hour to take pictures, talk cars some more and hang out with people. After this we will proceed to the boat launch in Highland Park, IL and take pictures there and talk some more, I expect many to leave at this point however, there are many places to grab some food in Highland Park and I myself will be finding a place to go eat with several people.

All are welcome as long as you don't drive a ricer or something Not all Japanese cars are ricers but if you are worried about what to bring or have a friend that is Email me. This is more for Tuners, I expect the highest turn out to be German cars. I myself will most likely be driving a 2002 Subaru WRX(stock :( ) or riding with a friend. Don't come if you plan on racing everyone who comes to this, it's a CRUISE not a race, it's intent is for everyone to meet new people and make new friends with people who like cars.

This is just the basic route, I will be attempting to make arrangements to eat somewhere(Come early to Hooters if you're hungry) but I need to know how many people are interested. I'm very open to suggestion at this point so feel free to contact me.

Bring a Full tank of gas, a camera or video camcorder, and a two way radio if you have one. I reccomend the Cobra PR4300 Found Here Laser Detectors and some extra cash are also reccomended.

I will be making a printout with directions and the full route with exits to take within the next day or two, I will be bringing some to the get together in case you can not or forgot to print one out.

If you will be going for sure please reply to this post or Email me with the following information:

OFFICIAL ROSTER WILL BE POSTED HERE(ExotiXboard.com)
    Your Name(just first is OK)
    Your car's Year, Color, Make and Model
    Whether or not you have a radar detector
    Whether or not you have a Two-Way Radio(FMRS/GMRS such as a Motorola Talkabout)
    Whether or not you want your email adress posted by me.

(any additional questions or concerns will not be posted)

I will post this so others can get to know you beforehand.

Any Suggestions, Comments, or Questions? Email me at [email protected] , I check my email several times a day and will get back to you promptly. You can also contact me via AIM my SN is EricMSehner. My main concern is that everyone has a great time and no one gets in trouble with the law. (however, this is your responsibility and is in your control)

Forums Currently posted on:
    http://www.exotixboard.com(Official Thread with the most up to date info)
    http://www.racingflix.xom
    http://forums.vwvortex.com
    http://www.***********.com
    http://www.ferrarichat.com
    http://www.euroteknik.com

2. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    And you are who??

3. 7Sins

7Sins Rookie

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm just someone who likes cars and cruising. Simple open invitation for people that might want to go. I'd like to see some guys with ferraris therefore, I came here. If no one wants to go, thats fine with me, if people do, I'd be glad to have them along.

4. I like the oxymoron here...
    "as long as you don't drive a ricer or something"
    "I myself will most likely be driving a 2002 Subaru WRX"

apologies to those who may be offended as I am having gastrointestinal disorders right now and happen to be in a bad mood from it.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I picked up on that one immediately myself.

Let me state, that I don't mind ricers and actually have a soft spot for the Subaru WRX because of its rally racing heritage. But if it is not a ricer, then I don't know what is.

Anyway, 7sins (nice name), welcome to the board!

You accidentally picked somewhat of a bad weekend as some of us will be touring and lapping our cars that day at the Autobahn Club in Joliet together with the Alfa guys.

Otherwise we seem to think a bit alike: We have a drive planned on Lake Shore and Lower Wacker for August 6 and we have a concours at the Schaumburg Hooters on October 9. For more details see:
    http://www.focmidwest.com/services.html

At any rate, good luck with your drive, have fun and post some pictures here afterwards.

6. 7Sins

7Sins Rookie

Mar 27, 2005
    Personally, my definition of "Rice" is like a Honda Civic or Nissan Sentra with huge spoilers and stickers all over it. As you can see I clearly stated that not all Japanese cars are Rice(by my definition). Basically, the Japanese cars that are not meant to be as sporty as some would like to think. I'm sure if I had a Ferrari though, I'd probably generalize and call a Subaru rice.

Do you guys consider NSXs rice as well? just curious because I'm not sure what your definition would be all Japanese cars or just certain ones.

Anyway, have fun with the track day guys but if anyone is not going to that and would like to showoff their car by all means stop by, I'd love to see some nice cars there.

I'm planning on going to the Oak Street concours in July, just to look :)

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Since I don't consider the term ricer really negative, I'd call all Japanese tuned up cars ricers. Including NSX, which I also consider a very nice car. To me "Ricer" is a clever pun based on rice representing Asia and racer representing car aficionados. That's also why I don't have an issue with ricers. They're the hot rod generation of today. Nothing wrong with that. The coolest car I had before my Ferrari was a Honda CRX, tuned up of course. That car had spunk.

Say hello to me at Oak street. I have the ricer Ferrari with the big wing. You can't miss it...
    :)

8. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    LOL!!!

9. 7Sins

7Sins Rookie

Mar 27, 2005
    LMAO, I will be sure to say hi if I can't infact miss it. Apparently some groups have a different definiton for rice, I posted this on a different forum and it created a **** STORM about the words rice and tuner. So much animosity for such a small word you'd think it was the spawn of satan itself.

What do you drive though so I could take a peep at your car and say Hi.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Some people take this stuff way too seriously. Cars are still cars.

For a peek at mine go to:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51106

11. 7Sins

7Sins Rookie

Mar 27, 2005
    ooh, I've always sorta had a thing for that model because I always used to see one around where I lived when I was really little. How does that ride?

12. 7Sins

7Sins Rookie

Mar 27, 2005
    Agreed

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Watch the first three minutes of the 1987 movie "The Hidden". That's how.
    :)

14. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Isn't a Subaru WRX a hard-core rice-mobile?

15. 7Sins

7Sins Rookie

Mar 27, 2005
    DN35, I'm pretty sure we're well beyond that now...welcome to yesterday
    tifosi12 thanks for the warm welcome and being rational and having a 100% civil discussion

16. Welcome to the boards 7sins. About the ricer statement I dont really consider cars "rice" unless its the usual stickers and wing and young teenage airhead driving with a reversed baseball cap or spiked colored hair. Nice to see some effort in Chicago for cruises we definetly need more them. A exotic car cruise would be interesting.

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I'm going to bed............!

When will I ever understand all of this stuff??