Interview request: Portola Valley, Woodside, Atherton and Menlo Park | FerrariChat

Interview request: Portola Valley, Woodside, Atherton and Menlo Park

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dboyce, Mar 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dboyce

dboyce Rookie

Mar 31, 2005
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    David Boyce
    I'm a reporter for The Almanac, a weekly newspaper serving Menlo Park, Atherton, Woodside and Portola Valley in the San Francisco Bay Area.

With May and the Indianapolis 500 coming soon, I was thinking of writing a cover story on people in our four towns who own very high performance cars, including Ferraris and any other cars in that performance class. I'm looking for people who want to talk about their cars and their experiences.

My first priority is to protect owners' privacy, so the story would have no addresses or streets of residence, just towns of residence. The point is to try to give the reader a sense of what it's like to own and drive a car of this type.

I have related experience. I have driven a 1964 Berlinetta Lusso and a 1918 Mercer Raceabout, both of which were owned and restored by the late Marshall Mathews, whose Woodside garage contained about 30 classic and late model vehicles, including motorcycles, cars and boats. I will always remember those driving experiences. They were definitely high points. I wrote a story about the Raceabout experience.

For in-person interviews, I'd have a photographer along, again being careful about privacy.

My stories on Mr. Mathews can be found at:

http://www.almanacnews.com/morgue/2003/2003_02_19.marshall.html

and

http://www.almanacnews.com/morgue/2003/2003_12_24.mathews.shtml

Thank you.

David Boyce
    Staff writer
    The Almanac
    [email protected]
    650.854.2626, ext. 210

2. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeah - take them up on Skyline Road and run them.
    Great photographic angles and just a few minutes from said location of subscribers...