Police speeding moan time | FerrariChat

Police speeding moan time

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by steve f, Mar 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    was out today in the vw caddy van at a village where i live its a known speed trap area long country road 60 mph into a village 30 mph never speed going in there but this morning coming out of the village pottering along long open straight 30mph can see for half a mile next thing a copper jumps out of the bushes with a radar gun pulls me in a side road where his jam sandwich is hidden and does me for 43mpn in a 30 zone yes i was speeding but hiding his car and hiself in the bushes is the lowest of the low so i was very polite to him thinking i would get off and no chance so then laced into him as a revenue collector as the day before 2 mile up the road a lady was waiting to turn right and a lorry smacked her up the arse put her car in a ditch and wrote it of pulled her out took 45 mins for police and ambulance to come as he was there also at the time of the crash but was tobusy collecting his £60 for the goverment to come to the accident

2. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

comes to something when the only thing you can get nicked in is the van, you need to get a real car......fight the b4st4rds in court, do you want me to put the drivers survival handbook in the post for ya?

3. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    It is not the money that worries, it is the points on the license.

4. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    With the knock on effect for 5 years of higher ins prems - on which of course the Govt gets an extra 2.5% IPT!!!!!!!!!

5. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Steve,
    I will check with my father in law who's an ex traffic cop. I'm pretty certain that for a ticket to be valid the operator and / or vehicle must be clearly in view. Not sure if thats still valid but will check for you tomorrow and keep you posted.
    Seems I've missed a few hectic days whilst I've been off here. My 9 month old grandson was seriously ill in Hospital (was rushed to birmingham childrens hospital on Monday) but thankfully seems to have pulled through. I think I've lost about a stone in weight and a lifetime of nerves and anxiety in the last week. Hopefully next week I will resume my normal bad service.
    cheers mate
    andy

6. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    sorry to hear that mate

7. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Cheers steve,
    little sod is pulling through OK now, but gave us more than a few anxious moments!. Must be stubborn like his grandad;)

8. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

likewise mate hope everythings ok, when i first read stevef's post I thought he was referring to yre father in law being an ex traffic cop.....:D

9. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Nah M8,
    if it had been my F-I-L he would have booked him for not having 12 cylnders in the back:D

10. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Guess that puts ALL the crap that has been going on round here in perspective,

Glad to hear your Grandson is pulling through Andy - please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours tonight and in the coming weeks.

As Dave Allen used to say 'May your God go with you'.

Kevan

11. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thanks Kevan,
    Just to update, he's coming on great guns and is making a full recovery. I am so relieved, in fact I even threatened to buy a round:D
    Luckily it was only a threat, and I came to my senses;)

12. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    With any speeding it is worth checking out http://www.speed-trap.co.uk/ for advice.

Secondly, I thought that the police had to observe you for long enough to consider that you could be speeding before pointing the gun. If he jumped out, then he has to prove he was watching from behind a bush/car prior to jumping. Is that feasible/arguable on this occasion?

13. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I am glad he is on the mend, it has been a sh*t couple of months for you mate, things can only get better (i hope)

14. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    sorry to hear this one. I think too that in order for the ticket to be valid the operator has to be in view. Its the same rule for cameras isnn't it? Good luck with fighting it!