Turn indicators don't cancel | FerrariChat

Turn indicators don't cancel

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by geekstreet, Mar 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. geekstreet

geekstreet Karting

Feb 7, 2005
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Cam
    The turn indicators on my 3.2 Mondi don't cancel (and never have since I've owned it). Given the feebleness of both the "clicker" unit & the dash turn-lights it can be very easy to leave them on. (Ooops).

Local dealer says the required part is no longer available - what part IS that exactly? The parts manual just seems to show one big hunk of stalks as part of the steering head unit. Is this what I need (!!!)

I'm curious as to how BOTH directions have become broken, which is what I assume has happened (I haven't taken it apart yet). Is there a history of these turn-cancellers being weak??

2. planejunke

planejunke Rookie

Feb 9, 2005
    la
    Full Name:
    zman
    When I bought my 328 GTS about two monhts ago I had the same problem, but only with the right blinker. it was very anoying, because I kept forgetting it on. After taking the steering wheel assembly apart(special tool required which I made out of an old socket) I studied the whole blinker assembly and was able to fix the problem by adding some electric tape to one of the plastic prongs that stick into the hole in the stearing wheel. This will make sense once you have it apart. by doing this it pushed down ever so slightly on the turning mechanism which in turn allowed it to disengage the clicker.

Z

3. geekstreet

geekstreet Karting

Feb 7, 2005
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Cam
    Brilliant! The old "electrical tape over the plastic prong" trick! Thanks.

4. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    The column switch is a single assembly. There are a pair of spring loaded arms on the horn contact ring. The arms flick the turn signal stalk back into position . They can become worn, or broken.

Unobtainium Supply services/repairs the column switches. If you need a 3x8 column switch plastic part, one of the small springs, or detent balls, we either have it in stock, or can make it in a few weeks.

We don't yet have replacements for the various metal parts, but do make complete replacement wiper & turn indicator stalks, & can cast knobs and/or contact arms to repair any of the stalks.

Send eMAIL to:
    [email protected]
    CEO & floor sweeper

5. geekstreet

geekstreet Karting

Feb 7, 2005
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Cam
    Thanks Verell. I'll take it apart soon & see what's gone wrong.

6. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    #6 Verell, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Verell,
    Did you make that entire assembly? Cool!

Birdman

8. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Yes, it's 100% new! A bit of work, but he's very happy!