Camera Help... | FerrariChat

Camera Help...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 134282, Mar 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So i bought this for my camera so i could take more pictures... It arrived today... It fits in the camera, the camera takes pictures, i can view the pictures on the camera, but when i plug in to download them to computer, my F drive folder pops open (system file: FAT - whatever the hell that means) and there's a subfolder in there, but no pictures, anywhere... The media obviously works with the camera, but i'm baffled as to how i get these pictures onto my computer... Any help...?

2. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Do you plug the camera in? or do you plug the card into a drive attached to the Computer?

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I cannot see what it is, but I take it's a memory card reader? Or...?

if so, there might be a driver required in order to read it. FAT is just 'file allocation table' - which is referring to the file system on a harddrive, floppydisk, cdrom or even media card.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    STOP!!!!!

If you have put that into your camera...The aliens have already infiltrated your mind!

DL

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I think your computer is making snide comments about your weight....

6. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    ROTFLMAO!

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Randy...

It's a SmartMedia memory card that slides right into the camera... The one i already have, 64mb, works fine... My new one, 128mb, looks just like my original, but it no workie... i thought i got it just in time for Vegas, but if it's not gonna work, then i'm sorta screwed...

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    so you put it in the camera and it identifies itself? can you format the card in the camera itself?

9. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    mine was doing something weird like that a long time ago until I formatted it in the camera. I'm not sure if it is the same thing yours is doing.

10. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I am assuming you use windows? Which one ME Win2000 XP?
    Are you using a card reader on you PC or plugging your camera in by USB or Firewire?
    It was suggested you try formatting the card in the camera. If you are not bothered about any of the pictures on the card do that first.

You should also be able to copy data from your PC to your Smartmedia card by attaching the camera to the PC. If you can copy data to the card then the PC is reading/writing from the card OK.

Copy a jpeg or picture file that was previously on you 64mb card (copied to your PC first :) ) onto the new card. Can you see that from your camera?

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    If, by "identifies itself", you mean, it says how many pictures i can take with it, then yes, it does... How do i format the card...?

12. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    should be in the camera menu itself. there is a utilities or portion of that in the camera menu in order to format it.

13. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    DID YOUR CAMERA come with a cd to install in your pc for downloading the pics from the camera ??

14. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    In the set up section, there's the following choices:

File size/quality
    Preview
    Auto power save
    Beep
    Date/Time
    Frame no.
    Reset all
    Language

None of those have anything related to memory cards or the formatting thereof...

EDIT: Nevermind... i'm the hugest tool... The "FORMAT" option has been right in front of me the whole time... Everytime i go to look at the pictures i've taken and erase them, the format option is right there... i just formatted the memory card and viola... i can't believe i'm still alive after 25 years... How i made it this far, this dim, is beyond me... Thanks for the help, Randy...

Jim, very funny... i'm not fat, though...

...i'm substantial. :)

15. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Good to hear you found it Carbon. I sometimes think it is in the menu, but heck, now that I think of it, I think mine is the same way.. darn, I need to get it fixed.

16. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.

17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    There's always a wiseass in the group... :)

18. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden

LOL I work in IT and still do stuff like that all the time. When you stop doing it then worry :)