430 Wheel Pics wanted | FerrariChat

430 Wheel Pics wanted

Discussion in '360/430' started by Scotty, Mar 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    I am trying to decide between the Enzo style and Challenge Stradale style wheels when I order my 430. I have pretty much decided that I am not going to pop the $15,364 (U.S.) for the carbon ceramic brake upgrade. But, in the photos I've seen featuring the "Enzo Style" wheels, the standard rotors look a little small.

Since the center part of the CS wheel is not open (unlike the Enzo style) I figure that it would be a good choice in terms of concealing the small rotors. My concern is that some of the brake caliper may be obscured, which would look kinda dumb, I think.

I've tried convincing myself that the standard brakes + Enzo style wheels would give better brake cooling (more open wheel + more open space around the caliper + rotor) and it would be easier to keep the caliper clean (better access) but I am having a hard time getting over the big wheel/small brake look.

2. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I would go with the CS style wheels

3. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    .. or pop for aftermarket bigger brembos - circa 4K to fill out those rims :)

I say blow the 15K on the CCRs...

4. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    I feel the calipers, painted black or perhaps even silver, tend to disappear. Like you, I prefer the look of the ceramic discs, but at $15k ....

5. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Will--was gonna go with black for the combo I'm thinking, and I agree that they may fade away. Had red calipers twice now--like 'em, but they are a pain to keep really clean. The black ones, on the other hand, just gotta clean the white Ferrari lettering.

6. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    #6 bumboola, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The CS wheels will not help in obscuring the relatively small rotors, the center portion basically covers the hub and not the rotors themselves. From eye level you're gonna see the hub as well. I can't stand red calipers but that's just my personal opinion.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. I to hate red/yellow calipers unless they match the color of the car. Black = black claipers red = red calipers.

8. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

#8 Greg G, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. see that looks perfect red car red brakes. Black car black brakes silver so on. Aboslutly perfect red with yellow calipers or black with yellow just dont appeal to me.