430 Weight Wieney | FerrariChat

430 Weight Wieney

Discussion in '360/430' started by Scotty, Mar 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    OK--I worry about this stuff on my bicycles, now it is starting to invade my thinking about cars as well. I am thinking about my 430 spec, and trying to decide on wheel choices (Enzo style versus Challenge Stradale style) and brakes.

Does anyone know what a new 430 wheel/tire weighs, in both of the above styles?

Per corner (or total), does anyone know the weight savings with the carbon ceramic brakes.

More data to contribute to my analysis paralysis. Thanks.

2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    No hard data, sorry.

FWIW, Ferrari claim, for the CS, that the carbon ceramic discs provide a 16% weight reduction compared to conventional discs.

3. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I found this on a website discussing Cs' features: In terms of weight, the reduction achieved on the Challenge Stradale as a result of CCMs is 16% compared with conventional brake discs, but given that the weight eliminated affects unsuspended masses, its contribution to the car‘s performance is can be assumed to be even more significant.

4. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

What's the dealer say about it?

5. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Dealer doesn't know about wheel and tire weights. I know its asking a lot, but it would be nice if some of the new 430 owners could pull a wheel/tire (either front or rear) of both styles and weigh 'em.

6. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area