aussie army ration pack | FerrariChat

aussie army ration pack

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ashsimmonds, Mar 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
  2. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

In the Canadian army we recieved what were known as MRE's..........(meals ready to eat)...........heh.

A very apt description of the reality is posted on this site...............LOL !!

3. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I loved the look of that "tube" of vegemite. While all the quantities of the other items will last you around a day or so, the Vegemite is enough for about 6 months!!

4. mpolans

mpolans Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2004
    Wonder if they're the same as U.S. MREs...better or worse?

5. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    Love M.R.E.'s, there is so many new ones now, love the fact that they have heaters now to warm them up. Not like 15 years ago.

6. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

I like US MREs. Some of the meals are very good, some aren't. Of course I was eating them as 8-14 year old while camping. Though I did tend to steal some out of the garage rather than go to the effort of making myself a sandwich. The dehydrated fruit bars are awesome.

7. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

mpolans.....

They were NATO part number rations....so probably US supplied.....I'm talking late 70's early 80's time frame. Some of the stuff was actually pretty good.

8. hoffmeister

hoffmeister Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    #8 hoffmeister, Apr 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Stay away from the Jalapeno Cheese Spread!!! I ate that stuff in Iraq and spent the next FULL week on the crapper. I found this pic in my collection but never really noticed it until today. It's me playing with my 1/32 Best 308 GTS model in Sadam's Palace. Forgot all about it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login