Schumacher's Contract? | FerrariChat

Schumacher's Contract?

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Mar 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I just wanted to get some clarification on Schumacher's contract. Does his contract expire at the end of this season or the 2006 season. I thought for some reason it was end of this season and if so who do you think Ferrari is willing to replace Micheal with or do you think they will renew his contract?

2. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    I believe his contract expires at the end of 2006. I hope his contract will not be renewed for more seasons. Do not get me wrong on this one, he is a great driver and has achieved allmost impossible things, but I am getting bored of him. Time for Ferrari to sigsn 2 new boys... Perhaps Kimi and Fernando... :)

3. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Remember on thing guys, even if Schumi leaves at the end of 2005 or 2006, he will not be gone from Ferrari, since he is ambassador for life at Ferrari.

In relation to new blood, I think Rubens should stay and maybe have Fisico in the team, unless he has a great year this year with Renault.

Just my opinion, Later!!!!

4. HIGHROLLERM85

HIGHROLLERM85 Karting

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Ferrari should sign Jenson Button and JPM.

5. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Think Fisico doesn't want to downgrate. He is at the best F1 team now!!

6. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    If MS and RB are gone after 2006 they should go for...

-Liuzzi (if really he is the next young star like Kimi and Alonso)
    -Raikkonen

7. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso will be the next two drivers for Ferrari.

8. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    Now that would be some kind of lineup. I don't believe it will happen, only because I don't see either driver conceding to each others position on the "foodchain" if they're on the same team. Then again maybe I'll be wrong - who knows.

9. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I wouldn't be surprised if we can't get either Kimi or Alonso.
    In my opinion, Kimi will stay with McLaren forever just like Hakkinen. Ron Dennis likes Kimi.

The same could be said about Flavio with Alonso. Did you see Flavio's face when Alonso won his first race in 2003 and last week victory. When Fisichella won, Briatore didn't look look that happy. I'm telling you, Flavio will do anything to keep Fernando.
    note: Flavio lost Michael Schumacher at Benetton.

10. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Kimi is miserable at McLaren. He hates driving a car that keeps blowing up and limits his capabilities. Kimi's management and Ferrari agents have had initial talks to see if there is any interest. It just depends if and when Rubens and Michael decide to call it a day and if Kimi is available at that time.

Alonso will go where there is more money. He will stick to Renault as long as Renault pays more money than any other team. Ferrari will certainly put up more money than Renault. Do not misunderstand me. Renault can match any amount Ferrari put and probably double it. But Renault will not want to do that because it will be rational beyond a certain Euro ammount and not want to pay more than that.

11. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    If that ever happened with JPM, I am afraid my loyalty to Ferrari will have to go down the drain.

Carol

12. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    When Michael goes, wouldn't Rubens then be eager to try for the championship in his own right?

13. davel

davel Guest

Id say Davidson and Webber. Great combo. Webber is a uniter like MS. Kimi and Davidson would be good as well. Webber doesnt seem as fast as MS though or Kimi.

14. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    First off, Jean Todt has expressed several times that Ferrari rates Kimi very highly and will go after him once Michael calls it quits (which i do believe will be in 2006, even if he wins another championship or two). Ron Dennis loves Kimi and will do everything in his power to keep him but I believe Kimi's frustration with the lack of a competitive car since the 2003 season will send him to Ferrari. I don't know how else to describe it other than the talent is there, the equipment hasn't and I think he's pretty frustrated. We'll see how the season goes.

Ferrari WILL NOT and will never try to get JPM. I love him as a driver but not a team player at all.

Rubens will be on his way out from Ferrari, swapped to a top team, but no longer with Ferrari. Although Ferrari rates him as a superb driver, they will be in the position to scoop up F1's top young talent at Michael's departure - put it this way: Rubens would expect and should deserve the promotion to #1 at Ferrari once Michael is gone, but there is no way Kimi, Fernando, or another driver would accept that from a driver who has not won a championship -- just look at BAR when Jacques was there, Button would not stand down. Ferrari would be in a much better situation to take on Kimi and Fernando (or even Liuzzi (sp)) as equals and let them duke it out. Rubens will be fine and will find himself at another front-running team (swapped with Kimi?)

Finally I believe Fernando is already on his way to Ferrari. Flavio has stated that his motivation as team boss is on the wan but wishes to remain in F1 as Fernando's manager. Read b/w the lines on this one --- Ferrari, Flavio, and Fernando already know when Michael is headed out the door and have already made the proper arrangements to see Fernando in the red jumpsuit.

Just my opinion on all of this

15. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I hope you're right. Those two would be my picks as well.

Last year I started to have doubts about Fernando, but this year he is back to his old form from 2003.

16. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    I don't see what the big deal is about Webber, for some reason? I don't know why.

17. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA

When Ferrari dumped Alesi & Berger to pick up Schumacher. The Tifosi were outraged. They wanted nothing to do with that Arrogant German. Of course now no one would ever admit that happened.

18. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Yes Michael's contract lasts until the end of 2006. What is perhaps more important is the fact that Ross Brawn, Jean Todt, and Paulo Martinelli all have contracts that end at the same time. Without them at the helm Kimi or whoever could find themselves joining Ferrari just as they start to slide back down the grid.

19. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Recall that the Concorde Accords also expires around 2006. With Bernie's credit rating in the WC, there might not be anything recognizable as F1 after that. (The way the FIA's going, there might not be WRC after PSA pulls Peugeot and Citroen out.)

Enjoy the '06 season -- it might be the end of world class auto racing: with the fans base gabbing on cell phones in gridlock instead of driving, and with tobacco ads going out, the money just isn't there.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    F1 will survive, too much money involved. It might look different, which I wouldn't mind for a change. Bernie has long ago started addressing the tobacco issue by venturing out of Europe into the Asian market.

21. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Who pays what and who pays more?

Guys:
    ALL F1 drivers will take a paycut to drive a Ferrari for a season! Remember it is the non-plus-ultra in F1 racing, no matter if they are competitive or not. It will always be "THE" car to be a driver for!

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Famous last words for Alesi's career.

23. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    and he went out with a huge smile becasue he driove Ferrari. And because he is a true gentlemen he has a huge following and has great advertisement value, thus i s still recognized in Italy and France and still makes money of his celebrity. :) Not too bad for a "loser" :)

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    All true and I wish I would find one of his wine bottles some day (I do have a signed pair of his driving gloves).

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I always wondered whether his career would have been more fruitful if he hadn't given in to the mystique of becoming a Ferrari driver. Alesi in the rain was every bit as good as Schumacher in the rain. If not better.

25. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    It's been said by the Speed Channel annoucers many times during their broadcast of F1 Decade that he probably would've won a couple of championships if he had signed with Williams.

Although, I loved watching him drive for Ferrari.

Agree on his driving talet in the rain.