Maranello and Modena | FerrariChat

Maranello and Modena

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mr Iceman, Mar 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr Iceman

Mr Iceman Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Canterbury, England
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Hi there,

Has anybody visited either Maranello or Modena? I have found myself in Milan at very short notice with a day to kill (bummer I know). I was planning to hire a car and drive to see the Galleria Ferrari and pay a visit to Maranello as well. I was wondering if anybody had done it and if they had any tips on what to see or where to go, I am a member of the FOC, do you think that may swing entry into the factory or get any perks at all?

I wont be able to check this site again untill the morning before I leave but any advise is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Scotty

2. Tony Liokossis

Tony Liokossis Karting

Nov 12, 2004
    I've been to both and all the Ferrari related action is in Maranello proper. The Galleria is well worth the visit and the Fiorano track is nearby, so if you are lucky, F1 cars (or at least some road cars) will be on the track. When you get to the front gates of the factory, there is a Ferrari store there and a couple of good restaurants where factory personnel can often be found - Montana and il Cavallino. Around back from the front gate is the entry/exit where every few minutes a new Ferrari comes out for it's initial test run with one of the pilotos. All in all, an intense Ferrari experience (second only to driving one).

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    You should go, there is plenty to see. Your chances of getting inside the factory without prior arrangements are nil.

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I believe you can't take a factory tour without being a Ferrari owner, or at least the guest of an owner.

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Getting into the factory will be tough. You can always try. Go to the guard gate at the entrance and mention you're an owner and see what happens. If you know anyone at your dealer etc. or FOC as you say, they may be able to pull some strings(doesn't sound like you have enough time). It would be cool to see some 430's being built ;)

6. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    The way I understand how it works is you must get a letter from an authorized dealer verifying that you are an owner. They do it thru FNA, not if you bought a car from them. Then you call the factory and reserve a spot with the next tour that's available. I guess that letter is your "ticket" in. I have a friend that has his letter framed. It was from FAF. Steve Ahlgrim handled it for him.

7. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    If you're in the area Apr 13-14, Ferrari is hosting an F1 Test Day for owners. I'll be there, as will other FChatters. Staying at the Fini in Modena on the 13th, come on by to say hello.

Gary

8. Mr Iceman

Mr Iceman Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Canterbury, England
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks for all your advice.
    I had an absolutely fantastic day, saw and heard the new F2005 pounding the Fiorano track, awesome!! Saw several F430's, including a spider, on test runs. Went around the Galleria and bought a sweater! I was grinning from ear to ear all day. You have to feel sorry for my friend, who has only a very mild interest in cars, being exposed to this red passion for the first time. He did fall in love with the Enzo though! I'll be posting pics on my website in the next few days.

Cheers
    Scotty

9. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    in modena, they make these pumpkin stuffed pasta dish. i guess it's a local specialty. u must try next time you get a chance to visit.