Hello again everyone | FerrariChat

Hello again everyone

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Da Hapa, Mar 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Da Hapa

Da Hapa Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Dana Point, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian Asis
    Good evening.

I don't know if anyone here will recall but I used to participate in this board a few years ago when I had my 2002 Spa Yellow Pearl Honda S2000 (my plate was "Got Revs"). As you may recall, I made the painful decision to sell the car (as it was a toy) after my father had a pretty bad stroke and my folks needed financial assistance.

I'm happy to say that my Dad is doing much better and my wife and I have once again made the leap into sports car ownership. We recently purchased a 1998 Acura NSX-T (Berlina Black on Camel) that has about 42K on the odo. and is in excellent shape. Remarkably, it's also bone stock and runs like a dream.

It's not an F-car but it's far closer than I thought I'd ever get and frankly, I've always loved the NSX and I'm absolutely besided myself every time I drive her.

I hope to become active on this board again if the members are still as open to non Ferrari owners as they once were and look forward to seeing some of you on the road. The one drive that I took with you guys up near Magic Mountain a few years ago was/is still one of my favorite memories from owning that S2000.

Keep the shiny side up!

Christian "Da Hapa" Asis

2. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Welcome back!

3. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Welcome back Christian!

4. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Glad your dad is doing well. If you were going to by a Ferrari, what would you be looking at?

Cheers, Hank

5. Da Hapa

Da Hapa Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Dana Point, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian Asis
    It's nice to be back.

Is Byron (sp?) still hanging out in here? I'm afraid that in the last few years since I've been gone I don't remember everyone's names that well but I do remember him. He was extremely gracious and accomodating.

To answer Hank's question... I honestly probably wouldn't be.

I'm just a dumb banker with a big old mortgage in Dana Point. The NSX is as far up the exotic ladder as I'm likely to get any time soon. Don't get me wrong, I love Ferrari's but I couldn't look my wife in the eye in the morning if I were to buy the 360 I love. Not at least until we've paid the mortgage way down and have some serious coin put away for our (fingers crossed) future kid's education. Then maybe.

Unless, I hit the Lotto.

6. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Have you ever driven an older, less expensive Fcar? Could blow your mind. Like a potential alcoholic having the first innocent glass of wine - - - we're off to the races!!! That Ferrari sound is intoxicating - - old - - new- - - who cares - - try it and see if you agree.

Cheers, Hank

7. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I had lunch with Byron yesterday and he's definitely hanging out here. Bmyth-FDC. I pretty new here, but welcome back.

Jon

8. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

Christian,
    Welcome back! And in grand style! The NSX is a fine car... enjoy it! ;)
    I'm so happy to hear that your father is doing well. Please drop me an email with your most current contact information ([email protected]) and I will be happy to include you on all future event information...

Also, look for our website launch in the coming weeks!!!

I just love how tight this community is! Many thanks for the kind words, btw... glad you're back.

Byron

9. Da Hapa

Da Hapa Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Dana Point, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian Asis
    Thanks Byron. I'll shoot you that email in a few.

10. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Christian, I remember you and your father. Im glad to hear he is doing better! Hope to see you on one of the runs soon. Have fun with the NSX, Ive seen a few 98'ish Black NSX's driving around on the 57...could one of them have been you?

11. jlm348

jlm348 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Scottsdale + LA
    Full Name:
    Jean-Louis
    Chris this is Jean-Louis is the Blue 348 Spider.
    Good to hear from you agian, hope all is well, I look foward to seeing you on a drive soon.
    Take care
    Jean-Louis

12. Da Hapa

Da Hapa Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Dana Point, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian Asis
    Hi Jordan - That wasn't me.

I've also seen quite a few Berlina Black NSX's but I doubt many of them are 1998's. Honda only sold 5 black on camel NSX's in the US in 1998 and we (we meaning NSXPrime) believe that one of them was totalled.

Honda made so few changes in the car over the last 14 years that it's hard to tell one year from another (esp. if the wheels were changed).

Thanks for hte warm welcome back. I appreciate the sentiment about my father too.

13. Da Hapa

Da Hapa Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Dana Point, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian Asis
    Hi Jean-Louis - I do recall meeting you as well. Thanks for the welcome back and I too look forward to seeing you on the road.