Dallasites...Your Hobbies | FerrariChat

Dallasites...Your Hobbies

Discussion in 'Texas' started by cdallen2004, Mar 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cdallen2004

cdallen2004 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 24, 2004
    Hey guys:

What do you all do for hobbies, like in your spare time? I know a few of your occupations already, but lay on me what you do when you're not enjoying the Passion of Ferrari..lol

As for me, I'm pretty much into my computer, traveling, music...I play drums and saxophone, and shooting video and pictures. :)

Participate!

2. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Spare time . . . what's that?!? Lots of stuff here - we're active with the local Mercedes Benz groups (North Texas, Fort Worth, Austin (somewhat)); travel to Europe to F1 races; participate in 20 mi+ organized charity bike (as in pedal kind) rides; participate in 5k runs; show horses . . and the list goes on . . .

Carol

3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I hope when I'm in MY late thirties, I'm as full of energy as the Knights are. ;)

4. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    what mercedes groups? i looked at the owners club website and you need a member to sponser you? what all do i need to get in? by the way we just got a 94' E500, and also have a 95' E320, and would love to join the club

5. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    Mostly cars or music related. Go to concerts (great local scene of rock music...don't know a whole lot about much else), play sports like basketball, rollerhockey, soccer, baseball, flag football. I also play drums for my church and for a band, although we don't do much.

That's about it, beside hanging out with friends, going to movies and that normal stuff. Just now getting into Ferrarichat events (like Saturday night :) ). That should provide some great time-consumers.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    spare time?

If I had it... catch & release fishing :D

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Mine used to be mountian biking, I don't time for it like I used to also the fact I'm way out of shape.

8. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Guitar - 6 and 12 string- Dale says I haven't learned a new song since the '70s
    Golf - 15 handicap playing to a 20
    Movies - (go join usafilmfestival.com - free movie screenings all year)
    Go see Bride and Prejudics - the Indian Big Greek Wedding flick
    Slot cars - (closed my Plano track)
    Ferrari events and cruising
    GT4 - not a gamer until now. Bought the wheel and I'm hooked.
    4 kids - down to a 15 year old at home.

9. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Phil, which track was yours?

10. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    #10 DIGMAN52, Mar 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sorry for the misspeak. The track I went to was at Highway 5 and Park, Ne corner. Has gone through 2 owners in 3 years. Had the classic Kingelmann layout that I raced on in '64, but now you have electronic timing down to the 100th of a second.
    Here are a few of the slot cars I had, sold and rebought on ebay from the 60's.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. cdallen2004

cdallen2004 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 24, 2004
    I played drums full time for my church as well, that is until I took over videography operations in our A/V department. However, I do have my eyes on this awesome $3000 Pearl Prestige Session set I want to buy.

My leisure time in Dallas is lacking, due to my work hours, and by the time I get off of work, I am bone tired (i.e. falling asleep while on the freeway in the evenings).

Anyways life goes on....

12. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.

oh man, that sucks. When are you gonna stop by and see me? I have some cars that'll wake you up ;-).

Nice! I have a Pearl Set (I forget what model) sitting in the corner of my room. I need to set it up. It was given to me...so I can't complain :-D

13. cdallen2004

cdallen2004 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 24, 2004
    I sure want to stop by, I guess I'll have to take a late lunch to do so. I'm eager to see what Park Place has over there Josh. Now mind you, I'm sleep as a passenger, not a driver...lol. I carpool to work, morning and evening. Thank God for the HOV lane...lol

Geez, I wish someone would give me a set and some Zildjians to set it off..lol. Ah, maybe. But you should see that set Josh, its awesome...

Hmm....Here it is (I use a dealer from Indiana..save a hefty 30-40%):
    http://www.wwbw.com/Pearl-SMX924HP-SMX-Session-Custom-Shell-Pack-i137100.music

Anyway, I'll be there shortly. Take care.

-Cornelius

14. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    Wow! That's gorgeous! I think mine is an Export series. Kinda lower-level....but sounds decent. The majority of my cymbals (all Zildjians) I got off Ebay. You can find some good stuff on there. Also, make a point to befriend some of the drum-techs at a specific Guitar Center. Once you have a relationship with them, most of them will bend over backwards for you. Also, look for major sales on stuff. Every once-in-a-while, you'll find amazing deals (like a great cymbal stand for $25...I bought 2).

Hey, feel free to stop by on Saturday's too. I work every Saturday. If I can, I'll try to get away and give you a tour. Can't guarantee anything (I'm in charge of the service drive on Saturdays) but....will certainly see what can be done. Hope you have a great weekend coming up. Talk to you soon.

Joshua

15. cdallen2004

cdallen2004 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 24, 2004
    ^Kewl. I'm glad you said that, I gotta go to Guitar Center and pick up a head and Puresound custom snares for my sopranino snare, which my cousin is using at the church. I was a big fan of Mars Music on Walnut Hill, that is until they closed. (sad day for musicians everywhere...lol) I will see what Ebay has, b/c Im in the market for some moderately used new stuff.

Geez, I need to hurry up and move to Dallas, Im missing out on all these events here lately. :(

16. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I had no free time, and now I have even less than none... I try not to sleep...

My #1 hobby, which I am rarely doing these days, is taking my Ferrari to the track.

My #2 hobby, which I do a little because exercise allows me to sleep less (so it pays for itself in time), is Taekwondo.

My #3, #4, and #5 hobbies, which I haven't done in years now, is racquetball, skiing, and golf.

Kinda sad now that I'm thinking about it,
    I guess I'm "losing it" in a lot of cases,

17. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Brian, you didn't get to CO this year to ski? That's very very sad, the snow was good this year.

18. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Very VERY sad... first year of no skiing since... um... over a decade...

sigh... even my kids were whining about want to go skiing when looking at the mountains from the hills of L.A.