F430 Coupe and Spider in Person | FerrariChat

F430 Coupe and Spider in Person

Discussion in '360/430' started by JStone414, Mar 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Ok, just throwin in my two cents on this debate

Just got back for the NYC Auto Show, got to see both the coupe and spider up close by a Ferrari rep.

the F430 looks absolutely BAD@SS in person. It is simply gorgeous. The pictures don't do it justice at all. Trust me, give yourself a chance to see it up close then make a decision. This one was silver, shields, grey interior with F1 and carbon fiber trim.

The spider, well....jury's still out on this one. It looks really nice, I think the 360 is a lil better look for a spider in my opinion. red, beige interior, F1

I'm still in awe of the coupe (and the ferrari rep)

2. mulder1999

mulder1999 Rookie

Feb 2, 2005
    Did the Ferrari rep mention how to actually get one of these bad boys?

3. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    No photos????!!! Dont do that to us!

4. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Both are really impressive in person. The shark nose grill treatment make much more sense in person, and while I was unsure about the rear end when I first saw pics, it now looks perfect with the rest of the car. I would have liked if one of them had the Stradale wheels.

I also thought the Scag looked great, there is a bunch of subtle details in that design I just noticed looking at it again yesterday, and the side profile is so voluptuous. (The rep's side profile was quite voluptuous too.)

I was very dissapointed by the absence of the Pininfarina Maserati Birdcage concept! :X Come to think of it, where was the SuperAmerica? NY got ripped off!!!

5. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    I know i know i know. I stopped by on my way back from work to say what up to another F-chatter Noah, didn't think I was gonna go in but.....i was there anyway. Taking my friend with me Sunday to the show her the new F430 so you betta believe I'm bringin the camera with me. Pictures will be posted Sunday night during the Sox/Yankees game

GO YANKEES!

6. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    there are photos of the NY Auto show in the tri state forum

7. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I'll have to agree. I just came back from there as well, and the cas look phenomenal in person. Is there a reason why there cars are always questionable in pictures but excellent in person?

8. Free

Free Karting

Oct 26, 2004
    Scurry, Texas
    Full Name:
    Duane Baker
    Prolly the same reason a live performance from a singer is far better than just listening to them on a cd.

Gives it sort of an interactive experience.

9. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    I think it is because in pictures you lose all sense of size and proportion and as a result you end up focusing more on details which can look awkward when taken out of context. Also getting to see how the light plays over the lines of the car is something still pics rarely capture.