The Masters - Golf Mecca | FerrariChat

The Masters - Golf Mecca

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by DIGMAN52, Apr 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    #1 DIGMAN52, Apr 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Don't miss a chance to attend the Masters, because it is truly a special place. Built on an old plant nursery, it is the most manicured course in the world, and you get a reverent feeling just walking the grounds. The most economical way to go to the Masters is the Mon-Wed practice round tickets, which can be had for $275-32 cameras are welcome. The pros are much more relaxed then, especially during the par 3 tournament at a 9 hole course next to the main course. They let their little kids caddy for them, as they only carry 2-3 clubs, and sometimes even let someone from the crowd putt for them. The pro's don't really want to win the par 3 tournament, as no one has ever won it and gone on to win the main tournament. If you get a weekend invite, of course go, but we like to catch tues and wed, and get back home and remember all the holes as we watch the broadcast.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    So, who's it going to be this year? I always pull for Freddie.

DL

3. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Great shots. Two things I have always heard about attending the Masters is the women are incredible and you must try the egg salad sandwhich. I have yet to make it down there, but I hit the US Open every year so I get my golf fill. I just hope the weather is good, the Florida swing was a complete disaster this year.

Augusta is such a great course because as tough as it is, birdies and eagles can be made if you hit the right shot. It's almost like the golf course gives you permission to score, if you ask the right question.

Does anyone know if they will have commercials on the broadcast this year? Martha Burke has become my favorite person! :D

PS- #13 (second pic above) is the best hole in the world

4. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Once you enter the gates they do all they can to make the experience magic. Cheapest food in pro sports. Egg salad or pimento cheese sandwith $1.25, Coke $1, Beer $3, and the merchandise is 10-20% cheaper than your normal tournament. The best thing is when you go crazy and buy all that crap, you can walk 10' away to the UPS booth and ship it all back. Not having to lug around bags is great.

5. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    Wow, Great photos...thanks for sharing

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    LOL!

Was Tiger cool with that shot being taken, given that it was on a Tuesday?

Can you imagine how Tiger would have Stevie assault a photographer who snapped a photo of him in his backswing on Sunday? :D

DL

7. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Great pics! Thanks.

8. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt

Screw that. Who's the hot stew?

9. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    #9 DIGMAN52, Apr 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Tiger was fine because that was at the par 3 tournament, and they are all kidding around on the tee boxes. The babe is Kelly from the Golf Channel. That was at the par 3 16th hole, where after hitting their tee shot, the crowd chants skip it, skip it, and then most of them go to the water's edge and try to skip a ball off the lake and up on the green. Kelly recorded us all yelling for the skip, and we were on the golf channel that night.