QUESTIONS ABOUT 348 (SORRY) | Page 4 | FerrariChat

QUESTIONS ABOUT 348 (SORRY)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by karluk29, Mar 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    get it sold and get that tr i sent you the details of as you dont want me to keep passing you like A64 you only live once so have a goodun

2. tony_hetherington

Mar 30, 2005
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    Tony Hetherington
    I understand exactly what you mean about the GTB lines - make it look more 'complete' I feel. With respect to the TS/GTS....well, great minds think alike! I'm almost glad the Spider wasn't in my price range as that would have been far too much of a choice to make...with the TS I'd still be able to get the roof 'out' and have the noise and fun that go with roof down motoring, but still get the lines with colour-co ordinated roof tops.

Then, as the guy above just said, you still have that hankering for a 512TR !?

With respect to your car - difficult to say really regards to selling! You've had that niggle to take it down to Spain for a fair while, and fully serviced, new tyres etc it would be a shame to sell immediately. Though the market, I guess, would be more 'buoyant' pre-summer than post?

Decisions decisions...

3. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    Al, what spec TR are you looking for? Year, spec, colour, mileage, price?...I do know of a 1991 RHD car that I don't think has been advertised yet....

Tony - yep saw you on Blatchat a year or so back and for some reason your name stuck in my head - there must be a reason beyond Caterhams - perhaps you work in a bank and I've tried to sell you something at sometime or other....!

4. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Al, now is the best time to sell your spider just before summer starts. The Autumn or winter is the worst time to sell.

Look hard and look now and you will find a 348 GTS for the right money. Best money for the spider is now...

5. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Can't agree with that,in my experience what time of year you sell a car has no effect on the price.You may find it easier to sell a spider in the spring and summer months but the price will not be affected.

I've only seen 2 RHD GTS's for sale in the 12 moths or so,both at Cartwrights and both well over the values mentioned on here.

Steve

6. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Excellent and very useful thread. I thought I'd add that I've also found it useful.

I'm looking to buy a Ferrari, and am very open minded about which one I want. I have formed a few impressions though, and particularly liked the look of the 512 & Testarossa. However, I have a preference for lightweight cars (being another Lotus owner on here :) ). So, the 348 is high on my list for potential Ferraris, just because of its looks.

I also prefer having a Spider, and it must be RHD and red. So essentially, a red 348 Spider RHD is near the top of my list.

I have never driven a 348 though, so it's possible I'll either decide against it - or very strongly in favour - after driving one. The lack of power steering appeals to me too.

Anyway, lots of useful info here :)

Jas

7. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    Jas mate, you'll be wanting to turbocharge it though won't you ;-)

8. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    LOL :D

Actually no, if I go for a 348 it will not because of its performance, but solely for the way it looks and (I hope) drives. I won't be modifying it in any way, other than the basic decat, sports exhaust and K&N.

I'm quite happy with just the Lotus being heavily modded. I'm not overly keen on turbos either, due to lag, but do like superchargers :)

Jas

9. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    Couldn't remember whether the Elise was turboed or Supered. How are our South African friends BTW - I guess you're still there....?

10. tony_hetherington

Mar 30, 2005
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    Tony Hetherington
    Jas - I thought I recognised your name! Remember me? I organised that Medway Posh Car Meet last summer (or was it summer before) at the hungry fox. I remember you coming up in your elise with your son. Small world hey!? Especially with Rubystone remembering my days on blat chat :)

I have this theory - there's only about 10 people that use this interweb thing, they just all go to different sites and post with different names hehe.

With respect to the poster above with regards to prices being affected by season - while I know nothing about Ferraris, I can say that Cerberas are affected by around 5 - 10% (depending on value) in the winter months!! Example...I was looking at around £23k for car X. Nigh on identical cars int he winter months were a shade over £20k. I assume it depends on the marque - Ferraris will always be very unique in the way they sell!?

Anyhow, needless to say I'm still looking. As a quick question, how much would I be looking at to get the bottom of an early 348 colour coded (the black bit) and the black vinyl on the roof of a TS colour coded? I've seen a couple recently that have these attributes, but for me absolutely I'd prefer all that colour coded.

And, after hearing Al's spider, a tubi :)

Thanks again everyone for your helping me - do appreciate!!

11. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Tony, yes, a very small world :) Then again, we're all petrolheads so it's not to surprising to bump into the same people from time to time I guess.

I do remember the Hungry Fox meet, and in fact I ended up test driving a TVR as a result. To be honest though I didn't like it at all :( The handling was abysmal. It was a Tuscan S. I still love its looks though :)

Rubystone, yep still at the same place. btw, turbo'd Elises are a rarity. There are only a few (3-5), and they have had the Audi TT engine transplanted into them. Huge power :) In a lightweight mid engined car without trick electronics, the linear power delivery of a supercharger is preferable though.

Jas

12. stu.p.

stu.p. Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    central scotland
    Full Name:
    stuart paterson
    im from scotland and have a red 348tb,...pretty sure i know the yellow car thats for sale at "avuss"...if its the one im thinking about it was straight swapped for a £20,000 beemer at a dealer(know its old owner) and was then sold to avuss, was needing some work when i seen it at armadale motor co. last year then was still needing the same work when i seen it with its new owner i know......but im sure a couple of grand would put right