AMV8 Do I feel Lucky! | FerrariChat

AMV8 Do I feel Lucky!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by MarkCollins, Apr 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Just had a ride in a pre-production car, simply stunning looks :D, noise is awesome :)

Although I took some pics of it on my drive I'm not allowed to post them :( if anybodies desperate ot see them they can call round :)

2. Cal

Cal Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Berkshire - England
    Full Name:
    Cal
    Congrats, beautiful looking cars, I'd really love to own one someday. Do you have your name on the list for one?

Cal

3. Dean 355

Dean 355 Karting

Mar 22, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Mark, I am curious as to how the car felt, though I assume you didn't drive it. I know the quoted 0-60 times etc, but the figures alone often don't tell the whole story as to how quick the car feels.

I still have my deposit down, as I have for the last 2.5 years, but am on the verge of pulling it out due to the expected price rising from 60 to 90K. Anyway, I may well need the money to help towards the 355(s) I am looking at.

4. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Cal
    I'm not on the list, although it's tempting

Dean
    I was very impressed, the ride was similar in feel to the a 355 possibly a bit more taught, not quite so compliant, perhaps a bit closer to my 550. The noise is to die for, better than a 355....did I say that :eek: ......... yep, different, substantial and fantastic, I understand there were 40 changes to the exhaust system just to ensure it sounded right.

Performance wise it felt quick but not silly quick, perhaps it's deceptive like a 355 can be (more revs than torque) the 550 feels quicker

Looks fantastic, great stance, wheel on each corner design, looks as wide as it is long.

I'd buy one, in fact I might well just do it :)

5. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    I thought that the price was likely to be fixed at £75k?

6. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Mark,

Any accurate indications on price yet? What the waiing time?

7. Dean 355

Dean 355 Karting

Mar 22, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Dean

Latest estimation of base price is 81K. This does not include many options that will be necessary if you want to sell the car one day without losing shedloads i.e. leather seats, decent wheels, zenon lights. My dealer has told me that a well specced car will cost close to 90K.

Trust me, i'm gutted. I went to Geneva to see the car unveiled and its stunning.

If anyone want to lend me the 15K I haven't got, I can talk to my girlfriend...

8. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Waiting time 2.5 to 3 years apparently :( although I know a couple of people on the list who are thinking of dropping out :) (not inc Dean!)

9. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I've sold on my deposit. I'll wait for the CS to come off a bit ....

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    stop upsetting joe they should be about £90 grand at end of the year