Tyres are going to cost me a bomb!! | FerrariChat

Tyres are going to cost me a bomb!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ade, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    What price have people paid for R/F PZero for 355 (265/40 ZR18 97Y)?

I've owned my 355 for 10 months, and without realising it, completely worn out both rear tryes (tyres were 1/4 worn when purchased). To my surprise, everything apart from the outside inch (hence I missed it) were completely flat/bald....lucky the police never stopped me!

Anyhoo, had to get it done quickly through Kwik-fit (urgg) for 360 pounds in total. But I'm sure for next time there should be a cheaper place?

Can I get tyres that will last a bit longer for next time, or do I just have to put up with this cost due to my "enthusiatic" driving?

Cheers guys
    Ade

2. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Hi Ade,

Elite Wheels and Tyres in Dagenham Essex always seem to offer great deals on top makes. They can also re-track gyometery and Balance as well. give them a call next time out.

I like to exchange all the tyres as a set and morve them around the car for a more effective lifetime wear.

See you at the next meet Ade....

Joe

3. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    You should be able to get them for about £160 each....

4. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    I've had quite good deals from Costco of all people, they may not have'm in stock but they can get them and they match any written quote!

5. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    I was just reading this thread while ordering the exact tyres on the phone for my 355.Micheldever have them in stock at £149 each plus vat plus delivery.Always gone there.good service and delivery.

6. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Oops! There phone no is 01962 774437

7. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    when I had my 348 I used to go through p zeros like you wouldnt believe (and I wasnt going mad). I changed to toyo proxes which (a) were cheaper (b) seemed just as grippy and (C) looked a lot sexier (am I a bit sad??)

8. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Thanks everyone for the input. I'll check out those places/tyres and see what quotes I can get for the future.

'Till then, its foot to the floor and burn the hell out of these P/Zeros >:-> and worry/complain about it again in 6 months time!!

Ade

9. Steve_nero

Steve_nero Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Is anyone running Bridgestone Expedia's? My new to me 355 has then all round and they are in good condition except one that is damaged. I can't find them for sale on any of the internet sites.

10. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    I run 295X35 18's on rear which are hankook. They cost me 100.00 inc VAT each. The tyres are great done 8,000 miles on the same set so far. I know many have run this tyre make in the USA 348 Series championship...#

Tyres are all the same really, must all meet the same standards.