Downtown/Uptown Dining | FerrariChat

Downtown/Uptown Dining

Discussion in 'Texas' started by cdallen2004, Mar 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cdallen2004

cdallen2004 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 24, 2004
    As you guys already know, Im working downtown, and my desire to taste something far greater than my usual Subway lunch is emerging.

What are some good resturaunts to try downtown? I saw this place called The Capital Grille at the Crescent, and wanted to try it. I heard it was a little on the expensive side, but hey, Im single, so its all good....lol

Anway, what are some good places downtown to try? And are they some girls there my age?...lol

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Try Deep Ellum, plenty of places eat & meet around there.

3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Good point Will.

CD, The Angry Dog makes a meeeaaann burger at luchtime. link.

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Yes, Capital Grille is expensive. It's also very good. I had dinner there last week with a buddy of mine and it was about $100/each with a decent bottle of wine. Perry's isn't far from there and it's also good. Nick likes Nick and Sams (I wonder why?) that's just up the road a little. Go North on McKinney to Primo's for good Mexican food and sight seeing. Further North on McKinney, across Knox and then further North is Javiers. The best 'real' Mexican food anywhere and it's always packed. The Samba Room in the Knox-Henderson area also has good food and great Mojitos. (Another Nick favorite).

BTW, I don't know that any of the places serve lunch.

5. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    Hot spots for lunch

Deep Ellum-
    Monica's (Mexican)
    Deep Sushi
    Angry Dog (oh yeah, the chili dog on a Sun. a.m. out on the patio with dark glasses)
    Cafe Brazil

Downtown -
    Cafe Izmir (Mediterranean)
    Campisi's
    Metropolitan Grill (American)
    Jeroboams (Brasserie style)
    Cactus Cafe (Mexican)

Uptown
    Sapporo Sushi
    Green Papaya (Vietnamese)
    Palomino (also in the Crescent)
    Eatzies

And then there is a bunch of places on the West End

That should keep you busy for a while.....

6. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    I understand the "real" as in Mexico City stye, but to a Texan, Ojeda's on Maple (cheese and onion enchiladas and a puffed taco), or El Fenix at Northwest Hwy & Hillcrest put out my real Mexican food, TEX MEX.

The cheesy steak, scenery and cigar bar are always entertaining at Javiers, but sometimes you just want to grunge out.

7. FerrariFan

FerrariFan Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Big D
    Full Name:
    Patrick C.
    A few quick & economical choices when you're on the go:

- Potbelly Sandwiches
    - P.D. Johnson's Deli
    - Ojedas
    - Cafe Express
    - Bread Winner's
    - Pei Wei
    - Snuffer's
    - Chipotle

8. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Now we're talkin :)

For a quick, cheap, and consistent TexMex lunch when you're downtown, El Fenix at the corner of McKinney Ave and Woodall Rogers cannot be beat.

And for CD Allen, it has the added panache of being within a stone's throw of Turtle Creek. :D (sorry man, couldn't resist.)

9. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Snuffers! Greatness. Big ol' bacon cheeseburger and a mountain of cheddar cheese fries. Good hangover food. Plus my dad went to high school w/ "Snuffer." :)

Damn, I'm glad it's lunchtime. All this talk is making me hungry.

10. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    Oh yeah, those too. It's been a few years since I've made an economical choice.....:)

Although I would skip the potbelly, at least the one in Renaissance Tower which is where my office is. There have been several people who have been sent home after eating a Potbelly sandwich and turning several shades of green.

11. FerrariFan

FerrariFan Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Big D
    Full Name:
    Patrick C.
    I've eaten at the Potbelly at 75 & Knox, as well as the one in Addison on Beltline - both enjoyable experiences.

12. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
  13. cdallen2004

cdallen2004 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 24, 2004

LMBO!!!!!.....(Laugh My Butt Off)..lol....:)

14. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    Also, on the corner of Knox and McKinney....great tex-mex food...Chuy's!!! Big SMU hang out (great for girl....er......people watching). Good food too. Order a burrito (freakin' huge) with queso sauce ($.75 extra, but well worth it). Or...if you're in the mood for another type of burrito.....Freebirds on corner of Greenville and Lovers. Better than Chipotle. Order and Super Monster, and have breakfast the next morning. :)

15. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Ah yes Freebirds almost forgot. I hear the sound of a Freebird calling now....

Better than Chipolte :) no kidding! since Chipolte is about as good as what I feed my dogs! No come to think of it there food is probably much better.