Good Morning Deutschland | FerrariChat

Good Morning Deutschland

Discussion in 'Europe' started by maranello71, Apr 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    To all German FChatters - and especially Wolfgang - we've just woken up to a beautiful sunny day on Bodensee, and we're getting the Black Monster ready for a drive into Germany's beautiful Autobahns, followed by the twisty roads of the Schwarzwald. If anyone would like to join us (Wolfgang, your Testarossa is itching to go out for a drive!!) we are planning to head towards Titisee just after lunch.

Come on people, let's get those Cavallinos out in the sunshine!

2. CAR Élite

CAR Élite Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    Damn, cars not available today due to the fact that I'm not at home. Just come over to Stuttgart and I'll show you some really fast Autobahn parts ;-)

It's video taping time ;-)

3. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Andrea,

I hope that you enjoyed the drive! Do you have some pictures?

4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello Andrea,

your post & PM arrived sadly a bit too late.
    Sebastian called me over mobil but we have been already on the road directon north and not south. We will drive today direction "Schwarzwald" (Baden-Baden, Freiburg, Schwarzwaldhochstrasse).
    Hope to meet you and your black 550 next time:)

Best
    Wolfgang & Anja

5. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Sorry no pictures - we were too busy enjoying the roads!!

First we went to Titisee - and we saw an easy 280Km/h on the Autobahn... 300 was just around the corner, but so were a bunch of slow sunday drivers in Toyota Corollas and VW campers, so I had to slow down... :)

After a nice coffee & cakes at a beautiful, quiet restaurant on the shores of Titisee we drove on some very, very nice roads. All the tourists stayed on the main roads, but the yellow/white twisty/curvy routes on the map were all FREE! What a fabulous drive - the 550 really found its element, I enjoyed the drive immensely. Just 3rd/4th gear at 3000/5000 rpm were enough to dispatch the occasional Subaru WRX driver, and if I really wanted to go for it, using 2nd/3rd gears all the way to 7500 rpm opened up a flow of ever increasing power that was absolutely intoxicating. In this car you soon find yourself on little forest roads darting between curves at 130/140Km/h, and even tight hairpins are no problems - the brakes are immensely powerful, fade-free and the Fiorano set-up makes the car remain flat and predictable even in the most brutal 3rd-2nd-120°bend-floor the throttle-wheelspin-slight oversteer situation. It is so much fun that after every road I just wanted to go back again and do it all over again!

We finished the evening in Schaffausen and onto the boring Swiss highways, where cruising at 130Km/h brought the average fuel consumption down :) to a very respectable 16.5 l/100Km (I guess 25 l/100Km in the twisty bits, and 11 l/100Km on the highway).

What can I say - now that the weather is right this is the PERFECT car!