Ferrari 360 Challenge with GT nose and wing makes huge difference! | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Challenge with GT nose and wing makes huge difference!

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Cavallino Motors, Apr 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I just put on the GT front nose that is sanctioned by the Grand Am series and the Grand Am wing. From the former twitchyness of the 360CH you all of a sudden have a super well balanced car with perfect handling capabilities. You lose in the straights some speed but you gain that in the corners and in confidence.

My laptimes today went from 2:43 first session down to 2:23 in my last session. I felt a lot more confident shoving the car into the corner and even lost the backend twice in a turn and was able to recover the car easily and still keep the hammer on the throttle and get another 2;25 out of the session, despite back twitching.

The GT wing and front splitter makes a HUGE difference. For all club track guys I can highly recommend that.

RYALEX has the front bumper and will have the rear wing soon. Yes, I am self promoting here a little since I am a RYALEX dealer but trust me guys it comes from the heart. THIS IS IT!

2. UnholyDemon

UnholyDemon Karting

Oct 1, 2004
    AWESOME Martin. Glad to see they do their jobs respectively.

Gratz
    -Seth

3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Martin,

Does the new wing and nose change weight balance or is it all aero? Does the new setup allow you to change ride height? or more cool air to the brakes or what? 20 seconds is huge! That is a bigger difference than street tires to slicks! What speed are you doing in the corners and max speed on straights?

4. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Firstly what track are you talking about?

Secondly, how much speed do you lose down the straights? I suppose this is dependant on what angle you set the wing, yes?

Do you have any telemetry that you could show us demonstrating the difference between the non-GT and GT setups?

About the extra cornering speed and improved handling - shows what a little downforce can do! ;)

5. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Sorry:

The track is the 12H Sebring track.
    The times yesterday last session was 2:2281. Roberto Moreno (ex F driver) was doing a 2:19 in a similar setup car, the second 360CH GT GrandAm Rolex car JMB will be releasing shortly.

I do not have sector times. Hey having a general lap timer is pretty good for my setup :).

I can tell you that the straigh line speed will be reduced by the aero. The setup we had one there was not perfectly setup either. Roberto mentioned that the front splitter should have been an inch further in. A little too much donwforce on the front. My wing was still missing its winglets and the rear lip.

The cronering was excellent. I never felt so safe in a 360CH. The downforce was noticable. Sebring has several high speed runs and I felt the car was excellent.

Again, with the second day completed It is a MUST HAVE for all non-pro Challenge drivers. I was driving with Neil, who is running the Challenge series and was all over him in the corners. In the straights we was able to get 2 car lenghts on the back straight, about one on the front straight. When I got by him (he missed the shift coming into front straight) I gradually pulled away.

6. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    oh and before I get any ****...Robertos time was hand clocked by one of the JMB guys with a stop watch. My time came of a lap timer.
    ...and who knows racing, 3-4seconds on that track is a HUGE difference in skills :( I am still happy.

Today and the following two days I am doing Skip Barber in Sebring and then will be able to cut down the times a little more I hope.

7. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Does anyone know how much downforce is generally created by this wing on the rear?

I'm thinking about doing the same thing to my car not a 360 but my (rear) trunk lid is a fiberglass piece and I'm
    wondering if I will need to provide additional or alternative structural support so that I don't crack the fiberglass.

Bob S.

8. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Martin -
    we won't believe you unless we see pictures!

9. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    #9 Auraraptor, Apr 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    #10 Cavallino Motors, Apr 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Anyone know where I can find the company that sells these noses?

12. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Michelotto and Kessel Racing

13. Jaffster

Jaffster Karting

Mar 27, 2010
    Classic Coach can get a GT nose as well, and rear wings (although I would try to source a Michelloto wing).

While the aero can balance out the car, they will also make the car rely more on aero instead of mechanical grip.

14. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    where/ what is Classic Coach?

15. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
  16. Jaffster

Jaffster Karting

Mar 27, 2010
    Surprised you're in NYC/Hamptons and have not heard of CC?...

17. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    Martin 2:22 in a 360 at sebring. I am doing 2:21 in a the 355. A 360 with an aero kit should be doing 2:16-18's? Also glad to hear you are back.

18. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    www.ansamotorsports.com has them.

19. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY