Bahrain Saturday Qualifying 1 (Spoilers) | FerrariChat

Bahrain Saturday Qualifying 1 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Admiral Thrawn, Apr 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    #1 Admiral Thrawn, Apr 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Alonso was half a second faster than Trulli and Michael at the end of the second sector, without the final mistake the difference would have been embarrasing. That car/driver combination flys!!!

- Julio.

3. pistole

pistole Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Malaysia
    hehhahehahahah

ferrari ........ hehehahaha

4. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Troll

5. pistole

pistole Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Malaysia

I'll be sure to post again during the race tomorrow .... hehehahah

6. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Michael is heavy on fuel and Rubens can still climb up the field. This race is far from over for Ferrari.

7. RickDay246

RickDay246 Karting

Sep 10, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rick Day
    Ferrari's back. And I'll bet the very people chuckling about their tough times today are the same ones who were complaining when they were so far ahead last year. They're a great team. It's about TIME someone challenged them. We're in for a great F1 season!

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Totally. Yup, Alonso is half a second faster than Michael, which should make for a great race.

And how about Quick Nick on 4th? Yahoooo!

It was interesting to see Flavio's negative reaction after Fisico set temporary pole: It was obvious they knew the car could go way faster and Alonso proofed it. At least until the end of sector two.

It looked as if Michael was flat out and giving it his all, which then tells us, that currently the Renault is about half a second faster. That's pretty encouraging after the last two GPs. Knowing how the Bridgestones have a particularly hard time with hot temperatures, this all makes me very optimistic for the cooler European races ahead. Isn't this shaping up to become a great season?
    :)

9. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    At least i got 2 of the 3 correct for qualifying on the F1tipping. I have a feeling that this should be an interesting race now that Micheal is out towards the front.

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Here is my vote for the "Gary Green of 2005" award :D

Rob

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yup. The irony is, that Pistolero doesn't even realize that not everybody on here is automatically a Ferrari fan. So some of his comments (using a euphemism here) entirely miss the target.

12. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    I own a Ferrari, but I dont necessarily root for them on race day. I definitely think M.S. is far and large the best that has ever pulled a helmet over his head, but all I ask from F1 is good racing and so far this season they have hit the mark. Looking at the grid sheet above--9 cars within a second of the pole. Honestly when is the last season that this was even possible??
    I hope the Ferrari drivers, Williams driver, and Ron Dennis` boys get up there and mix it up with Renault
    I look forward to watching F1 again. At least now I dont nap thru the races.

John

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Why would he have been heavy on fuel? I thought your race fuel is put in before Qualifying 2, not 1.

14. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think Michael had more fuel than the others as I believe Ferrari is working on its race setup. We'll see in Q2...

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Absolutely positively no way. Since the grid position is an aggregate out of both times everybody is trying to be as fast as possible in Q1 and because you can refuel before Q2 everybody runs on empty.

It would be just about the dumbest thing on earth to run heavy in Q1. If you want to test race setup, that's what the practice sessions are here for. No Michael was going as fast as possible with the new car.

When Imperial made the heavy fuel statement I thought he was being sarcastic. There is no way anybody would go heavy in Q1. Absolutely not.

16. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Thank you for being the only one on this forum to recognize sarcasm!!!

Bottom line... Michale and Runbens will end up in the points... but it is going to be another tough weekend.

I miss last year!

17. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Fantastic improvement for Ferrari with the F2005. There is clearly a lot of development still to come for this car, so we will have a good fight on our hands for the rest of the season. Keep in mind that the B'stones need more than a single lap to perform optimally so the race pace could be much closer. Still, much respect to Alonso and Renault, clearly the package to beat at the moment.

18. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    I just hope Rubens doesn't have another transmission failure or he will have to go to the old car, and he'll be docked 10 spots. Michael I couldn't care less about.

19. pistole

pistole Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Malaysia

hehaheha

Ferrari ... hehehaha

Its just so funny the way you guys are so totally one sided ... hehehahah

Its like you've got money riding on those cars ... sad.

anyhow , I'll be sure to let you know the results !

20. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Here are some quotes from Micheal during the post qualifying press conference.

: It looked very good this morning, what changed from this morning to qualifying? In the session this morning you were quickest by a nice margin but now you are third, what are your feelings about that?
    MS: I mean, the first part of this morning’s session I was quickest, but maybe that was because we had less fuel on board than the others. We had to look at the last part of the second session and I was eighth or ninth, and that is the moment everyone puts on new tyres and simulates qualifying and looking from there we are quite happy where we are.

Q: To what extent have you been concentrating mainly on race set- up rather than qualifying?
    MS: You seriously have to be prepared for everything and you plan your work for both.

21. pistole

pistole Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Malaysia
    hehehahahahaha

I can't stand it .... I am laughing my guts out here ..........

hehahahahah

LOL !