Petition for no front plate in WA | FerrariChat

Petition for no front plate in WA

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by f355spider, Apr 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
  2. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Just what I've been waiting for...and lucky, since I've been running without front plates on my sports cars for the 9 years I've lived up here. Maybe I've been lucky with the Light Ivory and Grigio colors not attracting undue attention. ;)

3. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Fantastic, I've looked forward to this for a long time. I've forwarded it to the local Corvette Club president, too.
    The form this comes in says that in order for the petition to be legal, it has to be larger than what my printer at home produces, so there is an email address on it to request large size copies.
    You need to email

[email protected]

It probably wouln't hurt to send along a donation too, so that we can get some good publicity for it.

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Woo Hoo...Somebody took the ball and ran with it. I never did get very good responses from my "elected officials" when I contacted them about this issue. Sign me up!!

5. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    A "no front plate" effort was recently defeated here in Ohio.

The Police lobby pressed the legislators hard on their "safety" and "crime fighting" viewpoint. In other words, a "We are the boss and we are not going to give up power" scenario. We got the BS of "they need front plates to catch criminals and the front plate makes on coming cars more visible therefore safer."

Here in Cincinnati three states meet. KY and IN do not have front plates. When the "pro plate" spokesman (big surprise, a cop) was asked why those states didn't have an increased amount of issues without a front plate, he didn't have a good answer.

It's like the 55 mph debate revisited, hopefully we will eventually enjoy the same result.
    Good luck with your effort.