308gt4 help needed with parts locations(clutch,gearbox,dropgears,required)best deals? | FerrariChat

308gt4 help needed with parts locations(clutch,gearbox,dropgears,required)best deals?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by bobcat290, Apr 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobcat290

bobcat290 Rookie

Mar 31, 2005
    Hello,I have never used this before,
    after taking my 308 gt4(1976)apart to see why it dosent move.I have found it needs possibly a new set of drop gears as 2 of them have damage after the bottom bearing gave up and cause the main driveshaft to gearbox to snap!after taking all apart I will replace the clutch ,bearings ,seals etc.possably flywheel as well.
    If anybody has any idears to the best place/s to deal with or helpful advice i will be very greatful.
    I am obcessed with ferrari and managed to buy this one on my farm workers wage(sob story)so i will be doing all the work on it myself,but i think it is still going to cost me a packet.but whats the point in having her just to look at?
    please contact me with any advice however big or small.
    Thanks Nick

2. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
  3. tomoshea

tomoshea Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Tom O'Shea
    www.superformance.co.uk

Speak to Mike Elliot, extremely helpful and if the parts exist he will know where to get it

4. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W