New 348 momo wheel. | FerrariChat

New 348 momo wheel.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by brent Lachelt, Apr 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    #1 brent Lachelt, Apr 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Due to my height I have always used a 330mm momo suede steering wheel in my f cars to be more comfortable. I recently purchased a 348 and I again put a new momo wheel in the car. However, I noticed that the 348 center horn pad fit the new wheel fine and gave it a more factory look. It's raised up alittle off the wheel, but I like it. Attached is a plain pic of the steering wheel and then installed with the horn pad.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. pino

pino Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    South Central PA
    Looks very good, especially with the aluminum shift knob.

3. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    If you're tall and could really use more clearance space, just install a spacer to pull the wheel closer to you. Search the archives, I've written more than a couple of posts on how to do this, including how to install a quick-remove hub too.

I'm 6'3", and it made all the difference in both my 348 and 355.

vty,

--Dennis

4. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt

Hi Dennis,

I failed to mention that I did install a momo spacer at the same time. You are correct it brings the wheel alittle closer and gets my legs under it better.

5. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I like the wheel - wouldn't mind doing that on my car but I'd really like the competizione wheel. Might try having my current wheel covered in alcantara as yours looks really good.

I'm not that tall but bought a spacer which I've yet to install so I can lay back just a bit. I've found that the 348 seats feel better when they are laid back a bit but I'm too far away from the wheel currently.

Hope you're enjoying the 348 and love to catch up/compare rides at some point.

Cheers
    Kevin

6. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I have the same Momo suede wheel on my 355, and I love it. Note however that it wears REALLY QUICKLY. The suede alcantara wears down to something really smooth and, alas, slippery. Not a problem when you're wearing nomex racing gloves on the track, but a bit too slick on the street. I need to either replace it with another wheel, or else have it recovered. I suspect buying another wheel would just be cheaper....

vty,

--Dennis