Switzerland Dealer Question | FerrariChat

Switzerland Dealer Question

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Wolfgang, Mar 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi gents,
    anybody who knows Mr. Luciano Pfiffner personal?
    Or done some business with him/his firm?
    Any infos are highly appreciated (PM also very welcome).

Direct link to his firm:
    http://www.interracef1serviceteam.ch/
    Direct link to the car I`m interested:
    http://www.autoscout24.ch/AS24Web/Detail.aspx?wl=1&lng=ger&id=2740405&qs=make%3d41%26modellike%3ddiablo%26cur%3dCHF%26zipcountry%3dCH%26sort%3dprice%26from%3dHome%26total%3d38&page=1&row=2
    I`m curious about the price of only 66K Euro - thats 40K under the usual value/price
    Thanks in advance

Wolfgang

2. griffith_500

griffith_500 Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Hi Wolfgang

I don't know the guy but what seems a bit suspicious is that he is selling the car without any kind of warranty. If you buy a car from a dealer in Switzerland you get at least 3 months of warranty. Might be worth pondering to what the reason for that is.

Cheers
    Andy

3. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Andy,
    thanks a lot for the hint and usefull info.
    For sure, I would drive together with my garage master RF to have a closer look. He isTHE Lambo man.
    But your remark make me think about...

Waiting for more comments / thoughts....

4. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Oh mann....ein weisser.....das ist rattenscharf!!!!

Just kidding!! Normally a white car is much cheaper but 40K less on a Lambo is very strange. But have a look with your garage master If he thinks the car is ok you still have 40K in your pocket for unexpected repairs.
    Normally warranty isn't on the engine and on other things like suspension and electronics you can repair a lot for 40K.

Just my 0.02............and I really don't know nothing about Lambo's. :D

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    BUMP!?
    Trevi, Simon, Andrea, Andy......and all the other swiss dudes:
    Don`t know him or don`t wanna talk about him?!?

6. Tuteboureh Ofrenaj

Nov 10, 2004
    Lausanne (CH)
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Don't know him either, but I would be careful, he's from the Italian part of Switzerland.

Yeah, just kidding.

I did see a number of discrepancies between prices, sometimes for no reason, but not that level ... Unfallwagen ?

7. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Thanks for your opinion Franck; indeed very curious pricing.

8. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Hi Wolfgang.
    I've seen this car advertised for a while now.
    Previously the description said it had had major engine work, heads rebuilt etc. So it's probably led a hard life. The price is low, but not a low as you think. In CH SV are starting to hit the 130,000chf mark.

I'm curious about the car aswell so ring him and let us know what he says.

Cheers
    Simon

9. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Thank you Simon!
    130.000CHF = 83.600Euro
    thats still pretty cheap for a SV!
    On the German market the SV`s are around
    171.000CHF = 110.000Euro
    ....don`t know about swiss/german tax but thats not a big deal for this price.
    103.500CHF = 66.500,-Euro.

anyway, my garage master will be at my house this afternoon to fix the beast. We will call him (the dealer/seller) this afternoon and asking all THE questions before we drive down so far.

10. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Never heard of the guy.

IMO,
    the car had a full live, and drove quite a lot (i guess 53TKM is a lot).

Also, the market for such cars (esp. in white) is very small since there is no real reeperbahn in CH- and if you ommit our friends from the Gulf area.

Anyway, check the car, and ask very clear questions on the car,
    if it has been stolen, damaged etc., if it's a swiss car (if not it lessens the value). In switzerland people tend to give vague answers. If you have doubts, ask for written confirmations.
    Once you have done this & if you have time to waste, lift it to check underbody, get engine compressions done at any workshop, check the paint (carefully), and of course DRIVE it (again, many people in CH don't let YOU drive, but rather drive you around)
    I wouldn't be so suspicious about the warranty issue, as it's common you don't get these in Switzerland if not buying from a dealer (EuroTax does them but i guess the vehicle value cannot exceed 80'000 CHF, and they would probably refuse to make it on a L-car)
    For importing, if it's a company, maybe you can buy without VAT (depending on first owner and if it has ever been paid), so you will simply have to pay german Mwst + take it durch dem TüV.

11. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Thank you!
    Great reading and interesting thoughts.
    Km`s/ Miles is no problem to me. I prefer cars with a real living and got driven; instead of garage queens or manipulated speedo/odometers.
    White is also not a problem. For this cheap price I`m happy to get it re-painted in flying yellow. White - Reeperbahn?!;)
    We will call him later.....let you know what infos we get.

12. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Any news Wolfgang?

13. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Yes!
    (Lambo book closed!)
    I swear fidelity to my TR!
    I keep faith with my beast!
    Devoted Ferrari!
    Uxorious to all the upcoming repairs!

14. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon

This is why your testa tried to commit suicide...it heard you speak the L-word
    :D

15. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    ROTFLMAO :D ....yes, maybe you are right.

16. Gibbsa

Gibbsa Karting

Jul 20, 2004
    Here and there
    Full Name:
    Gibbsa
    Sorry Wolfgang, working to hard so not getting the doses of FerrariChat I should be getting. No, never heard of the guy, sorry. As for the 'L', the Diablo is the only creation I would ever consider moving from mine for - it has always been a dream, always will. Shame you didnt go for it - I would for sure be soon back in Heidelberg for a ride :)

And now, technically, I am not Swiss. The Stradale is now in the UK with me and I continue to look for a house so Nathalie can come and join me....will PM some news soon.

A

17. Tuteboureh Ofrenaj

Nov 10, 2004
    Lausanne (CH)
    Full Name:
    Franck
    What ? Are you saying you move to the UK without letting me any chance to sit in the Stradale ? That is not fair !!
    F

18. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Andy,
    I would love to invite you and Nathalie for the next dinner at NINO......without owning a Diablo SV.
    Hope its not too bad living in the UK now - I`m sure you miss the wonderful Montreux surrounding. And the 360CS is NOT Mc Donalds Drive In U.K. compatible:D

Best
    Yours
    Wolfgang

19. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Hi Wolfgang, I have to confess that I thought for a long time about that white SV... and then I got a black Maranello with 2 years warranty instead! :)

I have heard too many Diablo horror stories both in the US and in Europe to ever even considering buying one without a totally iron-clad warranty and a fully detailed, documented and luckenlos (can't find a better English word) history.

This car has already been pushed between 2 or 3 different dealers in the last 2 years, and the price keeps on coming down. The engine top-end was rebuilt in Modena at 45,000Kms (why?), the clutch is new (that's good) but overall the car's history sounds a bit suspicious. I wouldn't be surprised if it has been owned by some definitely unsavoury character in the past (judging from the color scheme...).

So as much as I LOVE the Diablo SV - the answer for this one has to be a big NO.

Andrea

20. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Thanks Andrea,
    highly appreciated to read your comments.
    I`m just back from our monthly Lamborghini Dinner from LOD, Frankfurt. I spoke to some friends and the white SV is known and ...........never ever buy, whole **** history well known!!!!!!
    Exactly your reading!!!
    thanks buddy & take care;)

Wolfgang